1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DUNE TV MINISERIES

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MrFurious, Jul 1, 2001.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,553
    HI,did anyone get the r1 dvd,if so could you please reply with a minireview for me,cheers :cool:

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Heard many reviews of this DVD and they sound a very mixed bag, some love it some hate it. I myself was put off and have never seen it but hears what I've heard.

ACTING: John Hurt leads a cast off wooden actors, adding no spice(no pun intended) to the story. If you liked the David Lynch movie this will seem a little tame in comparison.

COSTUMS: I've heard the word laughable mentioned.

Special Effects: As its a TV mini series made by the Sci-Fi channel don't expect too much. The worms are good but some of the back drops look like static painting.

All in all your taking a huge risk. If you loved the David Lynch movie as I do then don't ruin your vision he created or you'll always be comparing the two.

Hope this was some help. If you want to know more then go to www.amazon.com and check out all the reviews there.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wait for the R2 Special Edition

It will have DD5.1 and a decent set of extras and it will be an extended directors cut version.

4. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,553
    thanks for the replys guys,i think i will wait until the r2 version then,cheers :D

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rumoured to be November :)