Question Dune Solos

Wazza69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a Video Streamer and was wondering if I could get some advice.

I am installing a high quality setup with something like a JVC projector but with a 2.0 setup via my Naim Audio Hifi. I use full blu ray rips which are demuxed to MKV.

I am looking for a streamer that can play all of my Blurays MKVs including 3D but with an optical out into my Naim NDX. Something with sufficient video quality to be worthwhile using a JVC projector with. I was thinking of sourcing a older Dune HD 3D. Would that be the best solution for my needs?

I currently have a 1st Gen Amazon Fire, just wondering if the Dune would give me an improvement in quality. I also often have lip sync issues with the Fire playing the full Bluray MKVs via Kodi.

Thanks

Hi,

I am installing a high quality setup with something like a JVC projector but with a 2.0 setup via my Naim Audio Hifi. I use full blu ray rips which are demuxed to MKV.

I am looking for a streamer that can play all of my Blurays MKVs including 3D but with an optical out into my Naim NDX. Something with sufficient video quality to be worthwhile using a JVC projector with. I was thinking of sourcing a older Dune HD 3D. Would that be the best solution for my needs?

I currently have a 1st Gen Amazon Fire, just wondering if the Dune would give me an improvement in quality. I also often have lip sync issues with the Fire playing the full Bluray MKVs via Kodi.

Thanks
You can't go far wrong with a minix neo u1. Worth reading up on youtube etc. If you buy from Amazon, make sure it's a UK supplier.

Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

Yes the picture quality will be way better than non sigma based players as the new ones have vxp processing so you can choose between dune solo 4k or popcorn a500 especially on a protector screen.

I prefer the dune myself as it gives you full bluray menus and quicker gui.

No lip sync issues and can do source direct mode and play 24p flawlessly and it's supports dtsx and atmos along with other hd audio formats.

The new scraper firmware will released soon with built in movie wall.

Thanks

Thanks, would have gone for the Dune but no optical out unfortunately

i have a A500 and a solo 4k speed wise navigating menu,s etc the Solo 4k is literaly 5 times faster A500 was like a Snail walking through Molasses doped up on Nyquil, painfully slow navigation wise

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom