Dune realbox 4k - Playlist is empty message with Synology DS920+

richkan

Novice Member
Hi guys, the following issue drives me crazy, I am just unable to find the solution...

Setup:

Dune Realbox 4k
Synology DS116j NAS
Synology DS920+ NAS

My older NAS is the DS116j which I used for storing media files only and has been working perfectly with my Dune Realbox 4k. I can access my media files via both SMB és NFS connections without any issues.

I bought the DS920+ just a few weeks ago, really great NAS and is obviously in another league compared to the 116j. However I am just unable to set it up right with my Dune media player...

Issues:

1, Connecting via SMB

I can not access the video folder of my new NAS via SMB connection. I am using the admin login and password when trying to connect via dune but it does not let me in and gives me the "you might not have permission" message or something like this. (Admin user has full write/read permissions.)

2, Connecting via NFS

After a couple of tries I managed to connect via NFS and see the content of the video folder when using dune media player. I am able to play all video files I tried when I go to the "Sources" menu of the Dune media player. However when I try to use the "My Collection" menu (and get the posters and summaries of the movies I store) here is what happens:

• Dune is able to get movie infos and download them
  • However when trying to play movies from "My Collection" every time I get this message: "Playlist is empty" (This is very odd as the file obviously is present and was indexed by the player just a couple of minutes ago...)
  • When using the older NAS it works just fine and I am unable to find the reason why as I think I used the same setup with both devices.
I tried to use an older firmware on the dune as I used the latest beta --> no success.

What should I do? All help appreciated.

next010

Distinguished Member
For SMB try creating another user account with read/write access, from memory synology don't like too many users being logged in using built in admin account.

For NFS your settings should like below for access, if thats already set then I've no further ideas, I've no experience with Dune products, with NFS your IP on the NAS must be fixed so set at router level or within NAS setting.

Attachments

• Synology4.PNG
    Synology4.PNG
    86.3 KB · Views: 34

richkan

Novice Member
For SMB try creating another user account with read/write access, from memory synology don't like too many users being logged in using built in admin account.

For NFS your settings should like below for access, if thats already set then I've no further ideas, I've no experience with Dune products, with NFS your IP on the NAS must be fixed so set at router level or within NAS setting.

First of all thanks for your help.

SMB: I created a user called "dune" in the Synology admin with a password and gave full permission to both read and write "video" folder. In dune when trying to connect with SMB I got the same message as before: "you might not have permission..."

NFS:
All settings were already as you suggested in Synology admin. I am using an Asus router where the IP address of the NAS was already fixed (however I never fixed the IP address of my old NAS and had no issues whatsoever).

Now after a couple of minutes I figured out what the problem was: I missed a \ sign when I gave the dune the nfs path... That was it, now it works perfectly.

Maybe the solution is just that simple with the SMB issue, but I have not yet found it...

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom