Dune pro vision 4k solo: large files stuttering only when played via external NAS (Lan is 1Gb, nas is Synology).

mrpaddok

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have this strange issue and I am looking for ideas.

If I play very large file (for example 100gb movies) in my Dune by reading them directly from my Synology NAS, either using NFS or SMB, I experience continue stuttering audio and video.

BUT...

...the issue is not there if I play exactly the same file from the internal hard drive of Dune.

For this reason I initially thought this was a Lan bottleneck (despite I have a 1gb lan system fully tested).

But then I remove any doubt with the test below.

I tried to play 3 large files at the same time with VLC and Windows Media player (via SMB) on my PC, instead of using Dune.

In that case everything goes smooth! All the 3 movies has no stuttering at all.

Synology upload was 40 megabyte (about 300mbit) per second.

This definitely means that the LAN system has no bottleneck, and neither is Synology a issue.

So the problem has to be the Dune.

So, after I had excluded any lan issue, I tried to change the default internal player of DUNE, and tried Dune VLC and another one that was available in the option.

But the problem is still there: the player used did not change anything.

The I tried to adjust buffer in Dune (from auto to large, then to small). But problem is still there.

Then I tried to upgrade DUNE to latest stable firmware, and even install the latest beta firmware!

But problem is still there.

So I have no ideas left.

Someone has some suggestions?

Ok, I finally found the solution. It was easy.
The problem was from DUNE to NAS. Dune has a 100mbit cable, and not a 1000mbit cable. For this reason from PC to NAS it was ok, but not from DUNE to NAS.
Sometimes the solution is easy... but only after you know it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom