Dune HD Streaming Devices for ISO movies

woolooloo

Novice Member
Hi guys, hopefully someone with some experience with these devices wouldn't mind helping me out. I've been meaning to research these devices for years but honestly just never have the time anymore.

For year and years I have organized all my DVDs and BDs by using AnyDVD to rip them to ISO and put them on an unRaid server. I then use MyMovies on Windows Media Center (Windows 7) to view them. A lot of the software like Windows 7 Windows Media Center itself and the BluRay player are no longer supported but still mostly work ok. But I'd really like to stop using the computer for this and get a smart device, like the Dune HD.

So... Will the Dune HD devices be able to play my AnyDVD ripped ISOs, both DVD and BD? Do they do full menus for BD or just play the movie (both are probably fine, just curious what to expect). Any problem with Cinavia or other protections since I won't have AnyDVD playing on the Dune?

I'd want to start with a lower end model, is there a minimum model that I would need to support what I'm trying to do? This chart seems to imply I might need a Real Vision 4k if I want full menus for ISOs, is that correct? Compare Products

And finally, what is the movie organization like on the Dune once I point it to my ~24 TB of ISO files. MyMovies provides a really nice way to organize the movies and search through them by genre etc, but it does take a good bit of my time to load new movies into it.

Thank you!

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the Forum. There are active threads for current Dune models within this sub section which you should check out when you get the time. All of what you ask is covered in them and more.

So... Will the Dune HD devices be able to play my AnyDVD ripped ISOs, both DVD and BD? Do they do full menus for BD or just play the movie (both are probably fine, just curious what to expect). Any problem with Cinavia or other protections since I won't have AnyDVD playing on the Dune?
Yes no issue here as long as the files are decrypted. You can play full menu which is very good and includes forced sub support, HD audio and seamless branching. Alternatively a lite version is available for troublesome discs if necessary which is useable but not the real movie experience to me.

I'd want to start with a lower end model, is there a minimum model that I would need to support what I'm trying to do? This chart seems to imply I might need a Real Vision 4k if I want full menus for ISOs, is that correct?
Yes for current models that is correct.

And finally, what is the movie organization like on the Dune once I point it to my ~24 TB of ISO files. MyMovies provides a really nice way to organize the movies and search through them by genre etc, but it does take a good bit of my time to load new movies into it.
The poster wall handling for TV and Movies has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 months or so. You can read about the new implementation at the link. It is not as flexible yet as Kodi, Zappiti or Zidoo but is now very useable. Scraping accuracy is very good.

ian50g

Standard Member
Halfway through typing a reply when mtenga‘s message popped up.
Agree with all the above, great media players not perfect but neither was mymovies / windows.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Oops, sorry @mtenga, messed up who I was thanking. Thank you! (Although I appreciate ian's input as well)

Nah worries, women have been treating wallflower me like that for the last thirty years 😪

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom