Dune HD SmartBox buggy not playing Multichannel FLAC files or DTS Movies without glitches

SBBrown

Novice Member
I am trying to play multichannel FLAC files from my NAS on this new SmartBox. It will not play them in multichannel, the mix down to stereo. I have a Dune Base 3.0, and it does the same well. Also, when I play DTS soundtrack on the SmartBox, there are video glitches. I just got this box recently, and it looks like it has promise, but it is very buggy and is working poorly. I have tried to contact Dune several times and they replied to me only once. The last firmware for this box is April,, 5 months ago. I'm thinking about returning it. Any suggestions? Also, anyone know how long this box has been on the market?

gymnos

The old Smart series based on Sigma chipset are more reliable than this new Realtek models, in fact I am still playing my 1080p and FLAC files with an old Smart D1.

Return the box if you don´t like how it works.

SBBrown

Novice Member
I just got an overdue update on my SmartBox yesterday (from April to September), and the player still does not play the files I previously described correctly. And, to add insult to injury, the remote functionality and reception is poor, it seems degraded. It barely works and the toggle between cursor pointer and up/down/left/right functionality is inconsistent for various modes of operation. I plugged a USB keyboard into it, and only then was I able to navigate through setting up add ons. It was not possible using the IR remote. Not Ready For Prime Time.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom