Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo

bkwashby

Novice Member
I bought the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo and I'm having a problem with it. When I first booted it up, the original firmware (201027_1300_r15) came with google play and android tv and if you upgraded the firmware right away with out installing them first, the upgrade (210202_1854_r17) didn't come with them. So, I tried installing them then upgrading, but what I found is that when google play and android tv are installed, whenever I'm using something other then the internal player to listen to music, the sound would cut out briefly then continue whenever I would navigate menus. For example, if I was getting the next song I wanted to listen to in the queue. So I tried resetting the unit with the upgraded firmware (210202_1854_r17) that didn't come with google play and android tv. When I did this I found everything worked fine again. Then a new firmware was released (210214_0331_r17). So I installed that and it added google play and android tv back again and like before the sound cutting out issue came back. As well, I found that the air mouse would freeze. The red light on the remote would stay on for about 10 seconds like it was having trouble connecting with the box after hitting a button and not let you move or select anything. After the 10 seconds the light would go out and it would work again until something else was selected. It makes things like typing a username impossible if you have to wait 10 seconds between each character selected, but again this only happened when google play and android tv were installed and it did it in any firmware installed. Another thing I noticed is if you have the time zone set and time set to 12hr time, when you install google play and android tv it changes the time zone and sets the time back to 24hr time.

The last issue I noticed is for some reason whenever I use the USB 3.1 port, the transfer speed doesn't go any higher then 58mb/s and that remains the same regardless of what firmware is installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is there people from Dune on here that can address these issues in there next firmware update?

gymnos

The last issue I noticed is for some reason whenever I use the USB 3.1 port, the transfer speed doesn't go any higher then 58mb/s and that remains the same regardless of what firmware is installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is there people from Dune on here that can address these issues in there next firmware update?
Hi, this is a problem since 2016 models, it is related with the SATA interface.

I am waiting an answer from Dune support team.

bkwashby

Novice Member
Hi, this is a problem since 2016 models, it is related with the SATA interface.

I am waiting an answer from Dune support team.
I tried messaging their support and all I got was an error so had to come here.

You mean they've been releasing updated boxes and firmware since 2016 and still haven't fixed this known issue? Wow, if I hadda known I woulda never bought their box.

gymnos

The read and write speed issue via SATA or USB.

It is there since 2017, my Dune HD Duo 4K suffers this problem.

Last edited:

Xtrips

Ever since I got my Vision 4K 3 weeks ago it is parked aside as a door stop.
I have been asking for support on another forum, 1st time here.
The unit suffers from a severe lip sync when set to use bitstream. Does not happen on PCM decode.
I upgraded to the latest firmware available as of today.
I also used the dune_service_reset_settings.dsf to reset to factory default.
The problem remains, no matter what.

bkwashby

Novice Member
Ever since I got my Vision 4K 3 weeks ago it is parked aside as a door stop.
I have been asking for support on another forum, 1st time here.
The unit suffers from a severe lip sync when set to use bitstream. Does not happen on PCM decode.
I upgraded to the latest firmware available as of today.
I also used the dune_service_reset_settings.dsf to reset to factory default.
The problem remains, no matter what.
The most common cause of that issue is having something that up's the refresh rate of your tv turned on. On Samsung it's called "auto motion plus" and there is usually a sub menu for blur and judder. Other tv's call it something different and may have smooth or clear in the sub menu. Turn all that sh*t off in your tv and the lipsync will most likely be correct again.

Xtrips

Thanks.
Not that. The Vision is (was) connected to my Anthem AVM60 pre-pro. It is set for native frame rate and native resolution. And anyway as I mentioned it I also tried right after factory reset with no modifications on my part. As for the rest of the chain, the pre-pro is connected to a Lumagen Radiance Pro and then to a JVC RS-2000 projector. So, I would say, let's investigate the Vision 4K.
Moreover, since the Vision is crap I returned to my older streamer a Dune HD Pro 4K II which has no problem at all.

Xtrips

Mine arrived Friday. No issues playing bitstream audio here, but is over samba shares.
This is becoming weird. Mine is having this acute lip sync problem ONLY when connected to my Anthem AVM60 preamp.
I tried it on a Samsung TV, no problem at all. Back on the Anthem the problem remains. Using PCM no problem. Only with bitstream.
Same configuration exactly but using a Dune HD Pro 4K II instead, everything works fine.
This is really puzzling. I am not using the Vision at the moment....weird

mtenga

Distinguished Member
This is becoming weird. Mine is having this acute lip sync problem ONLY when connected to my Anthem AVM60 preamp.
I tried it on a Samsung TV, no problem at all. Back on the Anthem the problem remains. Using PCM no problem. Only with bitstream.
Same configuration exactly but using a Dune HD Pro 4K II instead, everything works fine.
This is really puzzling. I am not using the Vision at the moment....weird
I’ve just purchased a HD Pro Vision 4K Solo and also have an AVM60. Do you still have your bitstream issues?

bkwashby

Novice Member
Fixed my problem. Traded my Dune for a Zidoo Z1000Pro, basically the same price. Day and night difference. Everything works 100 times better over the dune. Best home theater box I ever had. No glitches, even the forums barely have any posts because this box works so seamlessly.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Fixed my problem. Traded my Dune for a Zidoo Z1000Pro, basically the same price. Day and night difference. Everything works 100 times better over the dune. Best home theater box I ever had. No glitches, even the forums barely have any posts because this box works so seamlessly.
I had a Z1000Pro when it came out and sent it back within a week due to multiple issues. I’ll never bother with Zidoo again after extensive experience of their range going back to when they started five or so years ago.

bkwashby

Novice Member
I had a Z1000Pro when it came out and sent it back within a week due to multiple issues. I’ll never bother with Zidoo again after extensive experience of their range going back to when they started Five or so years ago.
Really, that's surprising cause mine works amazing. Mind you I don't use the smb or nfs, I copy all my files to the harddrive I have inserted and play off of that and there is no glitching, the HDR and 4K is great and I get full 7.1 DTS Master or TrueHD passthrough to my receiver. I'm running on OS version 6.0.90. If yours was a lower version, they may not have had all the fixes this new version has.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Really, that's surprising cause mine works amazing. Mind you I don't use the smb or nfs, I copy all my files to the harddrive I have inserted and play off of that and there is no glitching, the HDR and 4K is great and I get full 7.1 DTS Master or TrueHD passthrough to my receiver. I'm running on OS version 6.0.90. If yours was a lower version, they may not have had all the fixes this new version has.
If interested you can search and read my issues on Delucas’s Zidoo thread. Dune are responding to user requests and moving forward rapidly now. The thread on the American site shows that.

Xtrips

I’ve just purchased a HD Pro Vision 4K Solo and also have an AVM60. Do you still have your bitstream issues?

Same problem. I do not use it. Just sitting in a box. I will try again when they release a new firmware. Or sell it.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Same problem. I do not use it. Just sitting in a box. I will try again when they release a new firmware. Or sell it.
They just released a new beta this week. One of the bug fixes is audio sync related.

“Bugfix: When playing files with DTS HD MA audio tracks, A/V desync could happen in some cases.”

Xtrips

They just released a new beta this week. One of the bug fixes is audio sync related.

“Bugfix: When playing files with DTS HD MA audio tracks, A/V desync could happen in some cases.”
It works now. Thanks for letting me know. I just gave up.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
It works now. Thanks for letting me know. I just gave up.
That’s great to hear, one less thing to worry about. Looking forward to getting mine next week.

Xtrips

That’s great to hear, one less thing to worry about. Looking forward to getting mine next week.
Actually I checked again and in fact there still is a great delay but now it is “manageable” with the AVM60 since it is in the range of the max 300ms. I actually watched a movie yesterday and had to set the lip sync at 285ms.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Actually I checked again and in fact there still is a great delay but now it is “manageable” with the AVM60 since it is in the range of the max 300ms. I actually watched a movie yesterday and had to set the lip sync at 285ms.
I’ve only been using for one day and have played a Dolby Digital track from the Fringe BD and the lip sync error was nothing to worry about under the latest beta. Haven’t tried any DTS-HD yet.

Just watched an episode with both Megan Markle and Luke Goss in it. Funny old game this life :)

Xtrips

It’s back to its original box again, and this time I think I will sell it. I am sick of it. I have 5 media streamers at home. Five! And this one is the only one I have to fiddle with to have AV sync. Never twice the same value. Sometimes over the 300ms limit of my pre-pro. Enough!

mtenga

Distinguished Member
It’s back to its original box again, and this time I think I will sell it. I am sick of it. I have 5 media streamers at home. Five! And this one is the only one I have to fiddle with to have AV sync. Never twice the same value. Sometimes over the 300ms limit of my pre-pro. Enough!
Im not getting that sort of error with similar kit. Have you tried different HDMI cables?

Sir QD oled

Im not getting that sort of error with similar kit. Have you tried different HDMI cables?
nice you do the testing for me buddy ;) i hope they change the gui soon needs a workout.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton