Z10 Pro ?

Like to see what the Display inf window will show
and good to see Bluetooth 5.0.

Nice to have choice :)
but £90.00 dearer than the equivalant as such
Z10 Pro ?

Like to see what the Display inf window will show
and good to see Bluetooth 5.0.
You could compare it to the Zidoo 1000 Pro which is roughly the same price and also just one bay. Difference is I trust the Dune to actually work!

You could compare it to the Zidoo 1000 Pro which is roughly the same price and also just one bay. Difference is I trust the Dune to actually work!

Form Factor wise
its Exact as such as the size of the Z10 Pro
both have External power bricks ( Z1000 pro internal and better quality ive heard )
side entry for drive bay‘s on both the Dune & Zidoo Z10

VS10 / Dolby Vision aside ( as its so new ) if you set up the ZIDOO correctly it works as well just like many other media players on here .

Form Factor wise
its Exact as such as the size of the Z10 Pro
both have External power bricks ( Z1000 pro internal and better quality ive heard )
side entry for drive bay‘s on both the Dune & Zidoo Z10

VS10 / Dolby Vision aside ( as its so new ) if you set up the ZIDOO correctly it works as well just like many other media players on here .

have the zidoo 1000pro. Lots of bugs. won't turn off, just keeps asking if I want to. Goes into standby fine. Any time I try to add an internal drive (have tried several new pre formatted various brands) it starts freezing up, not responding, doing unexplained stuff. The collection management and music player have issues. To say it works well is not really accurate.

Last edited:
So they have announced the availability today, but I don't see it having Dolby Vision which despite its growing pains in the Zidoo is really impressive.

It has dual HDMI outputs, IMHO Dune is more reliable than Zidoo.

Time will tell.

So have just set up my new 4K Plus II (my Christmas present to myself), and I have a question. I have my old Dune set up on my Logitech Harmony remote, but the new Dune's (and ZIDOOs as well) aren't yet on the Harmony database. Does anyone know how long it takes for new devices to appear?

Although I had much confidence in Dune HD and was very glad to see well working Bluray ISO menu's....I encountered short freeze moments during playback of Bluray ISO (ST Enterprise S1D5). It were that many freeze moments that I used a seperate MKV file to continue the episode...I should copy the Bluray ISO to a USB stick and retry. WD Mybook harddisk, Dune HD 4k Pro Plus II, Samsung UE32C6000 (yeah...that's gonna change for small screen OLED next year....). Is the problem harddisk buffering, Dune buffering or my older TV? (I used WD TV Live for playing DVD ISO/MKV until now)

Last edited:
Tried the same Bluray ISO file (ST Enterprise S1D5) again today from the same WD Mybook HD...only renamed ISO files the same way for organization purpose...and a Reboot instead of the Standby Power mode...no problem playing the same file this time...No idea why I got short freezes while playing the episode yesterday...

What is the easiest way to play DVD ISO correctly on Dune HD? Must I convert DVD ISO to seperate MKV files? Or do I keep my WD TV Live for playing older DVD ISO files? How do I avoid stretching of the image and keep the original 4:3 format for older DVD's. If anyone has already solved these issues it would spare me the journey of exploration ;-) thank you !

Hi guys!
Does anyone try that player? I want to order it those days.
So far, I see it plays everything, supports any Dolby protocol, but it's not compatible with Doby Vision.
What is your opinion, guys? Should I buy it?

Hi guys!
Does anyone try that player? I want to order it those days.
So far, I see it plays everything, supports any Dolby protocol, but it's not compatible with Doby Vision.
What is your opinion, guys? Should I buy it?

The only Player that has Dolby Vision playback cababilities as such using the Dolby Vision VS10 is the new Zidoo X range .
Still being worked on still with updates as so new .

Its also supporting everything that Dune HD Pro 4K Plus II does? Actually, I am between Zidoo Z9X and Dune HD Pro 4K Plus II. My main goal is to select the one with full Dolby protocol support and the best support (updates).
I see that the Dune HD Pro 4K Plus II has better ram and CPU specs.

Its also supporting everything that Dune HD Pro 4K Plus II does? Actually, I am between Zidoo Z9X and Dune HD Pro 4K Plus II. My main goal is to select the one with full Dolby protocol support and the best support (updates).
I see that the Dune HD Pro 4K Plus II has better ram and CPU specs.

Where are you getting your inf from ???
cpu is identical to the Zidoo but the Zidoo has the the 1619DR
the Dune 1619 .
the Z10Pro has 2gb DDr4 Ram / 32gb eemc internal storage
Dune 4gb Ram / 32gb internal storage

its debatable the Extra 2gb does much more to run it .

Where are you getting your inf from ???
cpu is identical to the Zidoo but the Zidoo has the the 1619DR
the Dune 1619 .
the Z10Pro has 2gb DDr4 Ram / 32gb eemc internal storage
Dune 4gb Ram / 32gb internal storage

its debatable the Extra 2gb does much more to run it .
Yes, I see that. I mean that the file and Dolby compatibility is near the same. A big plus for Zidoo Z9x is that it supports Dolby Vision that for some reason is not supported by Dune.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom