Dune HD Max Vision 4K

It does it with pretty much every mp4 and mkv file that I throw at it. I run AUDIOQUEST Cinnamon 8k HDMI cables through my Marantz SR8012. When I directly connect the HDMI to the TV, same thing. I don’t think the problem is with my HDMI cables. Also, when I tried it on LLDV (low-latency) (player led), it worked for a bit longer, but still the same problem.

I have tried about 20 different files, movies, TV shows, MP4, MKV, and all the same result.

It does it with pretty much every mp4 and mkv file that I throw at it. I run AUDIOQUEST Cinnamon 8k HDMI cables through my Marantz SR8012. When I directly connect the HDMI to the TV, same thing. I don’t think the problem is with my HDMI cables. Also, when I tried it on LLDV (low-latency) (player led), it worked for a bit longer, but still the same problem.

I have tried about 20 different files, movies, TV shows, MP4, MKV, and all the same result.
Donc ça ne vient pas du dossier si c'est général. C'est donc matériel. Avez-vous essayé de connecter le HDMI Dune, le mode vidéo Maximum est bien sûr automatique ? Dans le menu du système de Dune Realtek Settings alors la vidéo est-elle mise en place à AUTO? Vérifiez dans ce même système de menu le HDMI / DP une source différente et Ignorer HDMI EDiD. Vous pouvez aussi essayer une réinitialité dure en général des paramètres de réinitialisation. Je crois que ça vient de HDMI.

Anyone else getting audio not coming back immediately after pausing a video and then resuming it? Sometimes it only takes a few seconds, some times 10 or 15 seconds before audio comes back, even though the video starts right away. My receiver reports that there is no stream of data while this is happening. (I'm using Original (Bitstream) for my Audio setting). This is a problem unique to the Dune HD Max Vision 4K, earlier Dune players in a similar setup with the same settings and receiver never did this. Thanks.

New GUI in alpha state for anyone interested...

New GUI

New GUI in alpha state for anyone interested...

New GUI

Very disappointing. They have not put up an Alpha for the Realbox. I bought two of them less than a year ago when they were released!

They only seem interested in the Vision models.

What version of SMB does the latest DUNE players support? I currently have a Zappiti and they only support SMB 1 which has security issues and not recommend. I am using a SYNOLOGY DS1821+ with DSM 7.0 currently. Zappiti is indicating that new players should be available by the end of teh year.

Im using Hd Fury Linker to send SDR BT2020 to myy Epson LS10000 projector ( forcing 8-bit output by the setting in the Dune setup menu). This works but whenever i stop playback of the MKV file, the projector looses the HDMI connection with the Dune and wont regain it. Anybody know why this might be happening, what video settings are changing when it goes back to the Dune GUI?

What version of SMB does the latest DUNE players support? I currently have a Zappiti and they only support SMB 1 which has security issues and not recommend. I am using a SYNOLOGY DS1821+ with DSM 7.0 currently. Zappiti is indicating that new players should be available by the end of teh year.
I run a Synology NAS / DSM 7 and SMB to Dune with no issues. I have set the Synology NAS to work with SMB protocol 2&3 only.

HB

Does this, or any other Dune media player support BT 5.0 transmission to BT headphones? AptX/AptX HD/LDAC codec?

Im using Hd Fury Linker to send SDR BT2020 to myy Epson LS10000 projector ( forcing 8-bit output by the setting in the Dune setup menu). This works but whenever i stop playback of the MKV file, the projector looses the HDMI connection with the Dune and wont regain it. Anybody know why this might be happening, what video settings are changing when it goes back to the Dune GUI?
Think ive managed to resolve this by switching off the Auto Resolution option. So there is the initila black screen at the start of playback of a file, but totaly can live with that if i cam consistently get BT2020 SDR (or HDR/DV).

Anyone else getting audio not coming back immediately after pausing a video and then resuming it? Sometimes it only takes a few seconds, some times 10 or 15 seconds before audio comes back, even though the video starts right away. My receiver reports that there is no stream of data while this is happening. (I'm using Original (Bitstream) for my Audio setting). This is a problem unique to the Dune HD Max Vision 4K, earlier Dune players in a similar setup with the same settings and receiver never did this. Thanks.
I have been noticing when i first boot the player up i can't get audio to work for music files. Oddly enough, if i play a movie i get sound. i go back to the audio file and play and then i get sound again.

You can also use the R18 equivalent giving the heavily updated new GUI a try.
Took a long time but it seems to be a big update and something for all models including older generations.

Last edited:
Why don't you try and tell us the result?
It is easy enough to go back if you desire.

Hi just stumbled upon Dune players, they look like what i need, currently using a nvidia sheild tube with plex and kodi, 1 question does the dune have the capacity to run NZB client ??

just pulled the trigger on the pro vision solo, dont need 2 hdd slots, and front panel display isnt realy neeed,

I have been noticing when i first boot the player up i can't get audio to work for music files. Oddly enough, if i play a movie i get sound. i go back to the audio file and play and then i get sound again.

Have you tried the "Play With" function from the Pop Up Menu button to use different players? Internal, System, Kodi, ect?

I have not actually however if i opened an android player it does do the same thing. i have also recently applied tv794a_211013_0531_r17 and am don't think i'm seeing this issue any longer. i was also trying out the new gui (r18) and kept ending up with a pink screen until i'd play a movie and then it would temporarily fix itself but eventually end up pink again...lol so for now i'm sticking with r17. I still love this player and having a whole new experience with watching movies. Bluesound however is still my go to for audio.

A pink screen is typically not a player problem but a mismatch of capabilities of what you ask the TV to do and what it can actually do.

Can someone please answer this

; Does the Dune HD Max Vision 4K support ALL harddrives?

2, Does it support BDMV folder for both bluray and bluray ULTRA 4K

3, Does it support 4k mkv remux movies?

4, Does it support Dolby Atmos sound

5, Can you turn off the fan?

Can someone please answer this

; Does the Dune HD Max Vision 4K support ALL harddrives?

2, Does it support BDMV folder for both bluray and bluray ULTRA 4K

3, Does it support 4k mkv remux movies?

4, Does it support Dolby Atmos sound

5, Can you turn off the fan?
As far as I am aware the answer is yes to all. Number1 remark: Unless they are 4Kn drives.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom