Dune HD Max Vision 4K

sodesfeux

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A thread about the next Dune HD max vision 4K.

A device that seems to be a direct competitor of the Zidoo UHD3000 (Zappiti doesn't offer any comparable device for the moment).

I've had several Zidoo since 4 years, devices with good performance at an interesting price, the Dune HD and Zappiti being too expensive for my taste.

At the price of 700 US$, I thought we could have a future winner against competitors like Zidoo.

giphy.gif

There is also the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo which seems to be comparable to the Zidoo Z1000 PRO... all this to say that Dune HD offers us 2 devices RTD1619DR at interesting prices.

We will wait to see if Dune HD will be able to better manage the software part and in particular the implementation of DV compared to the competitor.

-------------​

rtd-dune.png

akm-dune.png

dual-hdd.png

xlr-dune.png

dual-hdmi-dune-hd.png

vs10-engine-200px.png

-------------​

Max_Vision_4K avant arriere png.png

-------------​

Chip-Icon-100px.png

Here is the link for the updates of the ''Dune HD Max Vision 4K''

-------------​

Media Playback​

4K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ video playback: decode 4K video content in various popular formats including H.265 10-bit and VP9 profile 2 up to 4Kp60 HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision

4K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ video output: output 4K content up to 4Kp60 HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision with pixel-to-pixel precision to 4K TV

HEVC: play video encoded using the latest H.265 codec. 2x picture quality increase over H.264

VP9 profile 2: play YouTube 4K HDR content

10-bit color encoding: play video encoded using the latest standards, with support for 1 billion of colors

HDR: play video in the newest HDR (High Dynamic Range) format. Superb picture contrast and details

HDR10+: the most latest and advanced HDR technology from Samsung. More details in bright and dark scenes

Dolby Vision: the most latest and advanced HDR technology from Dolby. More details in bright and dark scenes and best possible picture quality

Dolby Vision VS10 engine: advanced Dolby Vision VS10 engine for best possible processing of SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision content

Standard Dolby Vision output: output standard Dolby Vision signal for full Dolby Vision processing on TV side (TV-Led Dolby Vision)

Low Latency Dolby Vision output: output Dolby Vision signal in the modern LLDV format (Player-Led Dolby Vision)

Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual; 23.976 Hz support

Auto framerate: output video with original framerate to ensure absolute smooth playback for all kinds of content

Auto resolution: output video with original resolution for best picture via Hi-End external video processing

True 24p output: ensure perfectly smooth playback of Hollywood movies due to full support for 23.976 framerate

Flicker-free auto framerate/resolution switching: HDMI video mode switching exactly before playback start, not after

Professional-grade controls for video output parameters: detailed configuration of HDMI chroma subsampling modes

Blu-ray menu: enjoy full Blu-ray menu navigation or use simple BD Lite menu at your discretion

Best-in-class full Blu-ray menu support: support for BD-J, BD4K, BD3D, obfuscated playlists and seamless branching

Advanced media player: play video in MKV and other modern video file formats, including top quality 4K and HD with very high bit rates (100 Mbit/s+)

Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, BD ISO, BDMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS

Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264, H.265, H.265 10-bit, VP9, VP9 profile 2; support for very high bitrate video up to 100 Mbit/s and higher

Video upscaling: high-quality upscaling of DVD and any other SD video content to 4K, Full HD 1080p and other HD resolutions

3D video: play all popular 3D video formats, including MVC (BD3D ISO), Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom

HLS: ensure the best quality of Internet video using Apple HLS adaptive bitrate streaming protocol

DASH: get access to the newest Internet video services using MPEG-DASH adaptive bitrate streaming protocol

-------------
HD audio: output HD audio to your A/V receiver

Hi-End music: play music files in various Hi-End audio formats: 192/24, FLAC, Monkey's Audio APE, WAV/PCM, Super Audio CD (stereo and multichannel), etc

Super Audio CD: play top quality SACD music files in various formats (stereo and multichannel)

Audio codecs: MPEG-1/2 layer I/II/III, AAC, LPCM, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey's Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD DSD (stereo), AC3, DTS

Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey's Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD ISO, SACD DSF, SACD DFF, AC3, DTS, DTS-WAV

-------------​

Package Contents​

Dune HD Max Vision 4K x1

Dune HD Premium IR Remote x1

Dune HD BT AirMouse Remote x1

Wi-Fi antennas x2

Bluetooth antenna x1

Batteries AAA x4

PC power cord EU plug x1

PC power cord US plug x1

HDMI cable x1

Quick installation guide x1

19" rack mounting brackets x2

Set of screws for 19" rack mounting brackets x1

Set of screws for installing 3.5" HDD into rear HDD slot x1

Set of screws for installing 2.5" HDD into rear HDD slot x1

-------------

Here is a picture of the inside of the Max Vision 4K, according to Wissense.

This seems to be a prototype or a pre-production model with the Noctua and the interior finish.

139989271-1116005512167488-348045630199943485-n.jpg

-------------

Work in progress

Last edited:
Does look nice but missing for me is that you can’t reverse the front display to show time remaining on a movie rather than the more typical time elapsed, Zidoo can do this. Be interesting to see if their implementation of DV is more successful than Zidoo.

Does look nice but missing for me is that you can’t reverse the front display to show time remaining on a movie rather than the more typical time elapsed, Zidoo can do this. Be interesting to see if their implementation of DV is more successful than Zidoo.

Yes, about DV management, that's the question everyone is asking themselves :)

Hello,

There are comparisons made by users between their oppo and also with chinoppo but they are drowned in the mass of messages in the forums, in general the oppo/chinoppo is a tick above unless I made a mistake.

this seems to change with the UHD3000 which has better quality components compared to its predecessor (UHD2000) and according to some audiophile people for example, there is a consequent improvement.

ZAPPITI PRO 4K HDR AUTHENTIC CINEMA VS ZIDOO UHD2000 (french)

The devices are similar in the opinion of the testers with two different approaches about the PQ.

The Zappiti AUTHENTIC CINEMA is close to the UHD2000 in audiophile use, but at the cost of an expensive modification to the Zappiti.

Zidoo Z10Pro vs. M9702V03​

--------

I'm waiting for the MAX vision 4K to become available, we'll surely have the right to make several comparisons between the two (UHD3000).

I have great hope with Dune HD and their new 1619DR box but I may be wrong.

With the passing of the years the Zidoo, the Dune HD and the Zappiti are in a handkerchief and they use the same Realtek chip, the difference is more in the ability of the devs teams of each brand to manage the software part at best... in my humble opinion.

Dune HD stands out from the competition with its MAX VISION 4K by placing the second HDD at the back of the case.

This allows to have a large VFD OLED and gives the impression to have a smaller box size...I find it classy.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is what it looks like with 2 HDD 3.5inch, I'm not a pro and I used photoshop with a rule in cm for the width of the case and the size of an internal HDD.

transparence-dune-hd-HDD.png

anyone know if the clock does runtime of videos or just for time

Hi,

The Dune HD MAX VISION 4K is not yet available, but by looking at the specifications available on their website, we can already make a small comparison, and the UHD3000 seems to have better HiFi audio decoding

As mentioned, we will see if Dune HD can do as well or better than Zidoo in terms of Dolby Vision support.

For now and on paper, while waiting for more information on MAX VISION 4K, and if we compare the available specifications as well as the price, the UHD 3000 seems to be the best choice for audiophiles?

See you soon

Last edited:

43 cm wide to fit perfectly into your audio/video rack, and if needed there is a 19" rack mounting brackets included in the package

25778-zidoo-uhd3000-v3.png

-----------------------

Smart home

the powerful IP Control interface and has a lot of options for integration into Smart Home and Home Automation systems, such as Control4 and Crestron.
ip-control-dune-hd.png

-----------------------

2 remote controls are included with MAX VISION 4K

The Dune HD Premium IR and the small Dune HD BT AirMouse

DUNE-HD-BT-Air-Mouse-v2.png

Last edited:
If this plays HDR10+ / DV streams hidden by MakeMKV on mkv rips then I will be all over it. For now, I am happy with Vero 4K+

Doesn't the Zidoo UHD3000 do that?

Thought it has many issues and only plays select DV profiles and not the ones ripped via MakeMKV. Has this changed? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thought it has many issues and only plays select DV profiles and not the ones ripped via MakeMKV. Has this changed? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Apologies, I was unclear, mine was more of a question as I've been wanting to get a player that is able to handle that well. Maybe we all have to wait a little bit more then.

Hello,

About profile support (Makemkv 1.15.4) with Zidoo devices

Did you ask here?

or

See you

It’s on Futeko now as well at a very cool price. Which is rich since it won’t do DV properly on the limited 1619 chipset apparently.

That's a shame as I was looking forward to buying it.
It’s on Futeko now as well at a very cool price. Which is rich since it won’t do DV properly on the limited 1619 chipset apparently.

Dune HD Vision devices seem to use the DR version, they should have the same support for MKV DV and MP4 DV as the Zidoo RTD1619DR.

The MAX VISION 4K is below the uhd3000 for the audiophile part which is more performant on the Zidoo, so yes for me also its price seems fair

Dune HD Vision devices seem to use the DR version, they should have the same support for MKV DV and MP4 DV as the Zidoo RTD1619DR.

The MAX VISION 4K is below the uhd3000 for the audiophile part which is more performant on the Zidoo, so yes for me also its price seems fair

Not liking the Display font used for timer etc unless can be changed prefer the look of the Zidoo / Dune 4K Vision Font [ Modern Look ]
but not seen close up photos of what inf is Displayed on the Dune 4K Vision one .

On the question of what the 1619 chipset supports in terms of DV Mark Swift posted on the AVS forum, post number 46. He knows what he is talking about and given the early user reports of patchy support with DV I believe him. These devices are not full bluray players in the way the Oppo or Cambridge Audio are and have limited support. May, or may not, be important to some.

Too bad I don't have a DVD player anymore

Hello everyone
I have bought Dune hd max vision and everything is good unless it can not detect DTS-Hd master but Atmos can. I try to config and up fw latest but still can not.I used pro pro. STORM .
I also have dune hd ultra 4k and it can detect dts hd master and atmos.
If anyone know about this issue tell me ,please
Thank you in advance

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom