Dune HD max vision 4k sound to soft

RobMX

Novice Member
I own the Dune HD base 3d and recently got the HD Max vision 4k. Within its capabilities, the HD base 3d has always done well. The HD Max vision 4k, on the other hand, gives audio problems. Only DTS music gives good sound. The sound of the max vision is far too soft and the dynamics are hard to find. Am I doing something wrong?

If I switch back to another source, the sound is again much too loud.

Firmware: Latest.

Amplifier: Denon AVC-Z4700H, NAS Synology Audio via Ethernet cable from NAS to Dune and via HDMI to amplifier.

a5ian300zx

Upvote 0

mtenga

Distinguished Member
In the audio settings try auto instead of bitstream. The new Zappiti has the same firmware and some are reporting this selection as a fix for low audio. Sadly didn’t work for me when I experienced low audio on PCM tracks.

Upvote 0

RobMX

Novice Member
Thank you for your response.

Found the problem by accident yesterday. When you play a song and you press mute you get a scroll bar on the right side of the screen. If you then press mute again, the song will continue playing, but the slider went to 50% instead of 100%. After I set the slider to 100% everything worked as it should.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom