Dune HD Max Vision 4k problem with indexing in My collection

picopato

Hi all!
A few days ago my Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo gave me problems with the indexing of covers.
I live in Barcelone (Spain) and I have the location in Dune like this.

When I index a movie or hard drive, it recognizes the content but it does it in Latin Spanish, not in Spanish from Spain. This has a great inconvenience because the titles differ from one place to another, changing both the cover and the name, such as:
"Joker"
always listed it correctly for me as "Joker" (Spanish Spain)
and now it appears as "Guasón" (Latin Spanish)

HJmT5rJ.jpg

If I manually index with the IMDB codes, it doesn't work either and only finds Latin American titles.
I can't find a way to modify the database source for indexing.

I understand that the player is not accessing the proper database.

In addition to the title, it also affects several covers. Now they appear to me with the image marketed in Latin America. My Dune does not locate me in Spain and interprets another country?

Does anyone know how this problem can be solved? I would some information.

I have verified on the IMDb website, that by modifying the language preference it responds as my Dune does, that is:
In the example of "Joker", choosing Spanish from Spain shows the cover and the title as it was published in Spain: "Joker":

5keV843l.jpg

Choosing Spanish from Mexico appears the cover and the title as it was published in Latin America: "Guasón":

g48ZAbjl.jpg

As I say my location is correctly recognized in Spain by Dune, however it seems that it links me to IMDb as if it understood that my location is in Latin America!

I have also upgraded the firmware and reinstalled the last one 220115_0258_r20 and factory reset.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the solution?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

nemesi54

I would reset, unplug from power for few minutes.

Or install the new Alpha r20 firm they give today 220209_0257_r20
If the new firm doesn't fix it then do the reset.

Upvote 0

picopato

Hi all!
A few days ago my Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo gave me problems with the indexing of covers.
I live in Barcelona (Spain) and I have the location in Dune like this.

When I index a movie or hard drive, it recognizes the content but it does it in Latin Spanish, not in Spanish from Spain. This has a great inconvenience because the titles differ from one place to another, changing both the cover and the name, such as:
"Joker"
always listed it correctly for me as "Joker" (Spanish Spain)
and now it appears as "Guasón" (Latin Spanish)

HJmT5rJ.jpg

If I manually index with the IMDB codes, it doesn't work either and only finds Latin American titles.
I can't find a way to modify the database source for indexing.

I understand that the player is not accessing the proper database.

In addition to the title, it also affects several covers. Now they appear to me with the image marketed in Latin America. My Dune does not locate me in Spain and interprets another country?

Does anyone know how this problem can be solved? I would some information.

I have verified on the IMDb website, that by modifying the language preference it responds as my Dune does, that is:
In the example of "Joker", choosing Spanish from Spain shows the cover and the title as it was published in Spain: "Joker":

5keV843l.jpg

Choosing Spanish from Mexico appears the cover and the title as it was published in Latin America: "Guasón":

g48ZAbjl.jpg

As I say my location is correctly recognized in Spain by Dune, however it seems that it links me to IMDb as if it understood that my location is in Latin America!

I have also upgraded the firmware and reinstalled the last one 220115_0258_r20 and factory reset.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the solution?

Thanks!!

I would reset, unplug from power for few minutes.

Or install the new Alpha r20 firm they give today 220209_0257_r20
If the new firm doesn't fix it then do the reset.

All this has already been tried without success.
I have also installed today the 220209_0257_r20 that does not solve it, in addition to the fact that the three options that are supposed to do not appear:

All models: New GUI: My Collection: "All" row is now replaced with 3 rows: "Newly added" (all movies sorted by file modification time), "By Name" (all movies sorted by name), "By Year" (all movies sorted by release year). All other rows are not sorted by name again.

They are only sorted alphabetically with no possibility to adjust it in any other way.

I have sent an email to Dune Support and they have replied that when they find the solution they will contact me.

thank you very much nemesi54

Upvote 0

nemesi54

I have also installed today the 220209_0257_r20 that does not solve it, in addition to the fact that the three options that are supposed to do not appear:

All models: New GUI: My Collection: "All" row is now replaced with 3 rows: "Newly added" (all movies sorted by file modification time), "By Name" (all movies sorted by name), "By Year" (all movies sorted by release year). All other rows are not sorted by name again.

They are only sorted alphabetically with no possibility to adjust it in any other way.

I have sent an email to Dune Support and they have replied that when they find the solution they will contact me.

I had exactly the same problem.
I reset the player, set it up again and then power down unplug from power for some minutes and everything where in place..

I know it's frustrating but thats the way I sort it out.
Also mind that I have a Real Vision player.

Flashing a firm on dune players always come with different experience in each player.
I always have problem each time I install a new firm and I always solve it as I said above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

picopato

Factory reset is horrible.
Doing the whole indexing again each time becomes insufferable, as well as having to re-adjust the settings.
If there is no other choice, it will have to be done.
At this point I don't understand why you have to do a factory reset every time the firmware is updated...

Upvote 0

nemesi54

At this point I don't understand why you have to do a factory reset every time the firmware is updated...
Bad coding maybe..
I'm no expert in that field but I can't think of nothing else.

Upvote 0

mtenga

Distinguished Member

You need to play a film or two for a few seconds then the new rows appear. No need for full reset, for me anyway.

Upvote 0

picopato

Let's get worse. To avoid this error, for now I have chosen to put the language in English until they come up with a solution.

The problem is that a few days ago, even having it in English, the NAME OF THE SAGAS came out in Russian!

There is a serious problem with the indexing application and a firm like Dune shouldn't take that long to fix it.

BW2xWXu.jpg

mfIKtQX.jpg

Upvote 0

wltc

Novice Member
I have some similar issues after updating to the new firmware. Some movie posters are just incorrect even I input the correct IMDB numbers, which are quite annoying. And although I live in an English speaking area, some movie names are displayed in Russia as well! I emailed Dune but no reply yet. Attached are some examples of the wrong posters

Attachments

• BAE802E4-B6CC-4678-BA04-AA58451988EC.jpeg
    BAE802E4-B6CC-4678-BA04-AA58451988EC.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 4E3F3512-B9D2-473D-84F0-AE5319DA4149.jpeg
    4E3F3512-B9D2-473D-84F0-AE5319DA4149.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I’m not getting the Russian posters or text. I’m still in bed so I’ve taken this screen grab from the app and you can see the Alien poster in the second row on the right. I’d just factory reset and start again if I was you.

3AC91DBE-1418-496B-96E6-84803D657509.jpeg

Upvote 0

wltc

Novice Member
Another weird thing I just noted. I have the War and Peace saga in 4 parts and each part is an individual movie with its own movie poster and synopsis. However on the movie wall, only 1st movie is displayed. All other episodes are missing. I can only find the rest of the movies under “Source” search. This never happened before and not sure if this is the issue of how the movies are decoded?

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom