Dune HD keeps freezing on blu-rays

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Jon Read, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Jon Read

Jon Read

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This never used to happen, so I know the rips are okay. But I have all my shelf based blu-rays put in to ISO format on my DUNE internal HD. I used to play them fine, but recently they get to 20 seconds in and then freeze, then a minute later it speeds up 10x as though trying to catch up to where it should be, then it will freeze again, then it will speed up again and so on. As it is internal there can't be any network issues. So what the heck is going on ? I have tried turning off and on again, and there has even been a recent update, but nothing has helped.

It will also happen occasionally on individual files too, but much less so. For instance yesterday I got through a whole 30 minute episode of a show and then it froze half way through a 2nd episode. Where-as with the blu-ray ISO's it only gets 10 to 20 seconds in before it freezes.

Does this sound like a HDD issue or player issue ? Thanks.

2. mcspongy

mcspongy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +758
    Maybe the HDD is starting to die. Have you checked the Smart data?

3. one2go

one2go

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Since it is internal HD the Dune powers the HD could also be a power supply problem.