Dune HD Base 3D - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is Mede8er has no fan and a cramped enviroment so if you put a harddrive inside its going to get hot--there is no getting away from that--If you want your harddrives to last you dont put them in that sort of enviroment.
This is basic physics
If you use Mede8er without a harddrive internally then you are fine
I remember how much you spammed the hell out of the micca as the perfect media player and now you admit its short commings

sorry for the Dune guys i dont want hijack the topic with mede8er posts, im just trying to do a fair comparison because im might be interested in this dune, but the @denass doesnt have a clue what is talking about, and im happy to continue the discussion in mede8er topic.

@denass heres the photo of the med inards like you request

and heres the MED TEMP and think twice before saying any foolish.

heres the link
Mede8er MED1000X3D

couto27 is spamming the s**t out of this thread like he did the A-400 thread. If you want compare the two players, wait till dune release some firmware updates since mede8er has had lots of updates since its release date.

Read the first posts of this topic, who was there?
i use any brand of media players, its like i dont like some "fanboys" spreding lies, because of their blindness and lack of knowledge about a product.

Im a potential dune buyer like any other person.

Last edited:
Couto, why are you constantly posting about the mede8er in the Dune thread, and posting photos of a product which isn't relevant to this discussion? Please take it elsewhere.

sorry for the Dune guys i dont want hijack the topic with mede8er posts

Clearly you're not sorry and clearly you're hijacking. Please read the quote carefully before you post again on this thread ;)

Clearly you're not sorry and clearly you're hijacking. Please read the quote carefully before you post again on this thread ;)

Sound like to me he works for mede8er or gets commission.

My nephew has bought the med8er 3d and has prime 3 but can't wait for the new dune player as he does not like the mede8er.

don't get me wrong - i really like the mede8er support and products but for my the HDI dune is the player that just did everything for my needs.

Thanks

Last edited:
I used to be a design engineer many years ago and it doesnt take an engineer to see a bad cooling design
This is the 1st review of the new dune hd base 3D an so far looking very promising . Dunes out of the gate have been rock solid and speaks volumes for their design departments
The above photo of temps for the mede8er are done with the cover open and I bet the temps are much higher after running an hour or so with the lid closed--in fact guarantee it
The cradle the harddrive is in is basically enclosed in plastic with bugga all airflow like micca/himedia I have
Its refreshing to see dune take a step back to an older design which is better for cooling then to follow the crowd and go compact.
But compact designs doesnt matter if your not going to use a harddrive inside.
Myself and friends just use these machines with the harddrives inside and easy to swap out unlike some others that need the harddrive screwed in.
Think the way dune has designed it is great:thumbsup:

sorry for the Dune guys i dont want hijack the topic with mede8er posts, im just trying to do a fair comparison because im might be interested in this dune, but the @denass doesnt have a clue what is talking about, and im happy to continue the discussion in mede8er topic.

I have Mede8er 1000, and tested A-400 and have the Dune Max and Dune Base 3D
You cant compare the Mede8er with Dune, is like to compare Ford with Bmw!
The Mede8er works but it has a terrible interface and pretty slow, it has problem with streaming 3D over Gigabit, Audio drops out and you must puase and start again.
It feels like a cheep box to play 3D, Dune feels like a expansive player that really works!

I have Mede8er 1000, and tested A-400 and have the Dune Max and Dune Base 3D
You cant compare the Mede8er with Dune, is like to compare Ford with Bmw!
The Mede8er works but it has a terrible interface and pretty slow, it has problem with streaming 3D over Gigabit, Audio drops out and you must puase and start again.
It feels like a cheep box to play 3D, Dune feels like a expansive player that really works!

fkn great.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/18372462-post8.html

My ps3 is better then your Xbox !!!!

Lol , ;)

Ps I have a mede8er 600 and its gr8 but still looking to get a dune

Last edited:
Exactly....this thread is getting tiring. Can we get back O/T?

My ps3 is better then your Xbox !!!!

Lol , ;)

Ps I have a mede8er 600 and its gr8 but still looking to get a dune

And my PS3 is better than yours:D. Cos its mine.

Got nothing to do with the Base 3D though.

@denass heres the photo of the med inards like you request

[URL=http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9913/img6668o.jpg]image
[/URL]

and heres the MED TEMP and think twice before saying any foolish.

[URL=http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7499/img6742s.jpg]image
[/URL]

heres the link
Mede8er MED1000X3D

Read the first posts of this topic, who was there?
i use any brand of media players, its like i dont like some "fanboys" spreding lies, because of their blindness and lack of knowledge about a product.

Im a potential dune buyer like any other person.

But Mede8er is Realtek based, nuff said. Sigma is way better. Except the 8911 in the A400, thats a bunch of crap.

But Mede8er is Realtek based, nuff said. Sigma is way better. Except the 8911 in the A400, thats a bunch of crap.
Spoken like a true fanboi :p

can someone with this player tell me what PHY its using? to get this information you would need to run telnet and get dmesg output it will be near the start when its loading the network information.

we're speaking about a dune, not a PCH. nobody uses telnet here, because it's simply not needed...

and just to add a bit about the "mine is bigger than yours" posts : we don't need it in fact, just because dune players works :D

(joking of course ;) )

Did anyone try the Ethernet connection?What is the average speed while transferring data.

we're speaking about a dune, not a PCH. nobody uses telnet here, because it's simply not needed...

and just to add a bit about the "mine is bigger than yours" posts : we don't need it in fact, just because dune players works :D

(joking of course ;) )

telnet is always needed lol at least for someone like me lol, I spend more time tinkering with the insides then I do watching videos

The thing I like about yadis is ....

.....it's also easily customised. e.g. I wanted a 3D category on my jukebox home screen, a Kids category, Favourites, 7.1....all easily done. Sets also work a dream.
I've not done most of this, so only going on what others have said.

To create a new catagory edit a film and select the catagory 'other' and you can then create you own - I think this is how it's done, but could be a little off here.
To create a set just right click on a film and select 'Group'. You can then name the group or add to an existing group. The group can then be given a unique cover or just use one of the film covers. So I have all the Harry Potter films together with their own unique cover art for the group - very quick & easy to create groups.
Also, how does the iPad app work when you have 2 x Dunes in the house? I don't want a movie starting on both at the same time!
Never used the iPad app as I don't have an iPad/iPhone :blush:
I do however use DMC which is a free Android app that does what I assume to be the same thing - I can view my Zappiti (or Yadis etc) video wall on my tablet and also use it as a Dune remote - it uses the Dune IP address not ir so can be set to control individual Dune's.

All this is still a little off topic, but at least it is Dune specific :p

Mark.

MarkE19 said:
I've not done most of this, so only going on what others have said.

To create a new catagory edit a film and select the catagory 'other' and you can then create you own - I think this is how it's done, but could be a little off here.
To create a set just right click on a film and select 'Group'. You can then name the group or add to an existing group. The group can then be given a unique cover or just use one of the film covers. So I have all the Harry Potter films together with their own unique cover art for the group - very quick & easy to create groups.

Never used the iPad app as I don't have an iPad/iPhone :blush:
I do however use DMC which is a free Android app that does what I assume to be the same thing - I can view my Zappiti (or Yadis etc) video wall on my tablet and also use it as a Dune remote - it uses the Dune IP address not ir so can be set to control individual Dune's.

All this is still a little off topic, but at least it is Dune specific :p

Mark.

iPad app works over IP so you use IP address of dune you want to control, you can set up more than one and choose which one to use.

On the silly subject of dune v mede8ers. I have a dune bd prime and now a mede8er x3. Coutos constant spamming is doing my head in. The med is an excellent player no doubt and superb value for money. However I can say I've seen it with my own eyes on my 106" screen the yadis jukebox on the dune bd prime is considerably better, crisper, sharper quality than the mede8er version of yadis running the exact same resolution artwork. There's no getting round it and on that basis I expect video quality to be better as well. I am completely unbiased in this as I own both brands and a popcorn hour. dune could learn a lot on the customer service front from mede8er. But when it boils down to picture quality irrespective of price, dune has better video quality full stop and I say this with zero bias

On the silly subject of dune v mede8ers. I have a dune bd prime and now a mede8er x3. Coutos constant spamming is doing my head in. The med is an excellent player no doubt and superb value for money. However I can say I've seen it with my own eyes on my 106" screen the yadis jukebox on the dune bd prime is considerably better, crisper, sharper quality than the mede8er version of yadis running the exact same resolution artwork. There's no getting round it and on that basis I expect video quality to be better as well. I am completely unbiased in this as I own both brands and a popcorn hour. dune could learn a lot on the customer service front from mede8er. But when it boils down to picture quality irrespective of price, dune has better video quality full stop and I say this with zero bias[/QUOTE
Imho the sigma's PQ has always been better than realtek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom