• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dune HD Base 3.0 - Anyone still using this?

quick sand

Novice Member
I have had a Dune HD Base 3.0 media player in its box for some time and last week decided to try to get it working.

Now, I have my music collection on an Asustor NAS (model AS-204TE) but, try as I might, I cannot persuade the Dune to 'see' this NAS. I have followed the instructions from both Asus and Dune for setting up the NFS communication protocol, but to no avail. From my Windows PC I can access both the Dune and the Asus and the Dune is able to play both music and video streamed from the internet. The Dune is also able to play music and video from a usb 'stick' without any problem. So my problem is not a complete failure of my network nor a failure of the music/video playing facilities provided by the Dune.

As I don't at the moment have any other linux-based systems, I cannot be sure whether the problem is with the Asus NAS or the Dune player - unfortunately, the error messages from the Dune are next to useless and give no indication as to WHY it "Cannot access network folder".

If anyone has any experience of this type of setup..... any suggestion of where I should do something not in the user instructions would be much appreciated.

next010

Distinguished Member
I have had a Dune HD Base 3.0 media player in its box for some time and last week decided to try to get it working.

Now, I have my music collection on an Asustor NAS (model AS-204TE) but, try as I might, I cannot persuade the Dune to 'see' this NAS. I have followed the instructions from both Asus and Dune for setting up the NFS communication protocol, but to no avail. From my Windows PC I can access both the Dune and the Asus and the Dune is able to play both music and video streamed from the internet. The Dune is also able to play music and video from a usb 'stick' without any problem. So my problem is not a complete failure of my network nor a failure of the music/video playing facilities provided by the Dune.

As I don't at the moment have any other linux-based systems, I cannot be sure whether the problem is with the Asus NAS or the Dune player - unfortunately, the error messages from the Dune are next to useless and give no indication as to WHY it "Cannot access network folder".

If anyone has any experience of this type of setup..... any suggestion of where I should do something not in the user instructions would be much appreciated.

These are Asustor settings for NFS with Kodi, this allows guest access with no user prompts, maybe they will work for the Dune, I cannot say for sure.

Attachments

• Asustor1.PNG
    Asustor1.PNG
    46.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Asustor2.PNG
    Asustor2.PNG
    58.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Asustor3.PNG
    Asustor3.PNG
    66 KB · Views: 66
  • Asustor4.PNG
    Asustor4.PNG
    98.4 KB · Views: 49

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom