Dune HD 2020 Players Owners Thread

In addition of my previous message concerning DV i presume they use the HD fury hack which contains Sony's LLDV playback. It's already widespread among HD fury devices particular used for projectors that only can play HDR 10 and it gave neat results. The Dune and others will go that way without the need for that hd fury device. Discussion of course is that isn't real DV playback but if it's played on Sony's devices and approved by Dolby Studios there isn't much room for discussion period.

In addition of my previous message concerning DV i presume they use the HD fury hack which contains Sony's LLDV playback. It's already widespread among HD fury devices particular used for projectors that only can play HDR 10 and it gave neat results. The Dune and others will go that way without the need for that hd fury device. Discussion of course is that isn't real DV playback but if it's played on Sony's devices and approved by Dolby Studios there isn't much room for discussion period.

Are you talking about Zidoo and its VS10 engine?

Are you talking about Zidoo and its VS10 engine?
Correct and maybe the Dune too because it's set in the Android settings as LLDV 10 bit etc..

Does any find that due to lack of DV and hdr10+ content you might be tempted to watch stuff you might normally don't?

Does any find that due to lack of DV and hdr10+ content you might be tempted to watch stuff you might normally don't?
Only when HDR first arrived. I watched Despicable me in DV because it was new and experimental. Usually I never would watch something like that and now HDR is well established I only really buy what I genuinely want to watch.

Amazon prime app is in 2.0 4K no hdr and sometimes with a lot of flickering

I was surprised to find my tv could run HDR10+ Mkv's from the basic usb function via a pen drive.

I was surprised to find my tv could run HDR10+ Mkv's from the basic usb function via a pen drive.
You have a GZ950 like me. The internal player wont play DTS audio and is widely discussed on the owners thread. So unfortunately won’t cut it. But yes, it will do HDR10+.

Yes very annoying hence why I had to get a new media box...but you would expect the options to be limited on the inbuilt player.

I don't see why not, you can add external drives via USB to all of these players we are discussing and some via SATA. Many of the players have internal storage options.

The UK distributor Futeko informed me that Realbox was not great with portable USB drives connected to USB (maybe due to the feeble 5V power supply) so I bought an older generation Solo Lite 4k which was fairly cheap at £80. I didn't need the 4k HDR stuff although VP9 decoding would be handy for YouTube downloads but they still have the mp4 option.

The UK distributor Futeko informed me that Realbox was not great with portable USB drives connected to USB (maybe due to the feeble 5V power supply) so I bought an older generation Solo Lite 4k which was fairly cheap at £80. I didn't need the 4k HDR stuff although VP9 decoding would be handy for YouTube downloads but they still have the mp4 option.
Zappiti uses a 5V 2amp power supply, most do, and I’ve never had problems via USB with both powered and non-powered drives. At one time I had a dozen drives connected to my Zap via hubs.

Zappiti uses a 5V 2amp power supply, most do, and I’ve never had problems via USB with both powered and non-powered drives. At one time I had a dozen drives connected to my Zap via hubs.

12? You are worse than me :laugh:

Maybe you were using a powered USB hub or mostly powered drives? If you consider 5V 2A gives about 10 Watts and, for example, one of my 1TB portable USB is 5V 900ma, well that is around 4.5Watts alone to power the drive. The Dunes also produce a fair little bit of heat themselves so you would wonder where the power capacity comes from.

I'm on the lookout for a 5TB USB powered portable drive and I'm thinking my Solo 4k should be fine driving it although I couldn't find power usage figures for these big portable USB drives. I like these types as no need for power and they are usually inaudible being 2.5" and 5400rpm. My old Seagate 3.5" 3TB external hard disk is a noisy bugger and needs powered therefore I never used it connected to my media players, just use it for temporary storage.

I was using powered and non powered hubs and a mixture of powered and non-powered drives. I tend to prefer 5tb portables for the silence and they’ve never given me any trouble connected via USB to numerous players. Now I connect them to my PC and play everything over the network. I much prefer the new Realbox to the Solo in a number of ways.

Btw I went with the Zappita 4K HDR in the end got it today & so far I'm very pleased with it :D

Did the review to get the silver theme also I wasn't expecting the email replay so quick :thumbsup:

I was using powered and non powered hubs and a mixture of powered and non-powered drives. I tend to prefer 5tb portables for the silence and they’ve never given me any trouble connected via USB to numerous players. Now I connect them to my PC and play everything over the network. I much prefer the new Realbox to the Solo in a number of ways.

Well I was going for a Realbox except for the Futeko owner advising against. I'm well happy with the Solo though and it was 1/2 Realbox price, infact it is turning me into a couch potato! :laugh:

So does the Pro II play UHD DV ISO's? Or no DV yet?

Or more probably never!

How come you are Sir QD oled now, did you mean QED? QD sell garden furniture for a living

It's quantum dot -oled that will probably also never happen ,😉 but what's in a name was tired of getting the Samsung bashers all over me 😂
For that DV no probably not but one can also hope for just like the q90r earc 💤 grtz buddy

It's quantum dot -oled that will probably also never happen ,😉 but what's in a name was tired of getting the Samsung bashers all over me 😂
You don't want to spread yourself too thinly my friend. Hybrids are rubbish like the Honda Accord which will never interest the girl next door, her friends or mum :D

You don't want to spread yourself too thinly my friend. Hybrids are rubbish like the Honda Accord which will never interest the girl next door, her friends or mum :D
Well I drive in one and no succes with the girl next door but maybe it's the age and not the car🥴

Last edited:
Well I drive in one and no succes with the girl next.door but maybe it's the age and not the car🥴
I don't drive one but have the same failure rate. Always got Android media players to keep me busy, employed and entertained. Zidoo is usually good for a laugh :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom