Dune HD 2020 Players Owners Thread

Hello there, I am wondering is Dune HD realbox 4K or Dune pro 4k II audio outputs support Bitstream Dolby ture hd atoms? I currently use Apple TV 4K its lack of Bitstream, the sound quality is really bad. I use an av receiver and directly connect to my stream device. Thank you.
Yes it bitstreams Atmos and DTSx.

@scrowe

- Menus work fine on BDMV
- Yes you can match frame and resolution.
- The media centre is called MyCollection and is fair for movies but no good for TV. I use network sources but can’t see why you couldn’t use USB sources as well.

For anyone who is not following the AVS thread this box is mighty fussy on HDMI cables. Worse than the AppleTV.

putting the debate aside wether Zidoo makes the Dune at the same factory
the Zidoo also has issues also with HDMI cables .

it Req certified 4K 18gbs for best results as had atmos sound losses on the Zidoo also .

since then they replaced the Hdmi cable which was provided on earler versions .

Hi guys, I have the RealBox and I'm having a weird issue with it.. I'm trying to play a specific episode over my NFS share however the episode that plays is like the 3rd episode down the line? It's like each episode displayed by the dune actually corresponds to a different one? Any ideas?

Hello there, I am wondering is Dune HD realbox 4K or Dune pro 4k II audio outputs support Bitstream Dolby ture hd atoms? I currently use Apple TV 4K its lack of Bitstream, the sound quality is really bad. I use an av receiver and directly connect to my stream device. Thank you.

You get proper HD Audio bit-streaming. All the way up to ATMOS and DTS X.

Edit: I never noticed the second page and the other members replying :)

Last edited:
Finally, i found a very nice review for the new Dune RealBox 4K
Take a look here....
wink.gif

Dune HD Realbox 4K – Media Player Reviews

I just received my Realbox 4K today and just had an initial test. I was going to wait for all of the upgraded players to come out, but took the plunge as I was wanting to get pass-through audio for my media server collection.

It took a while to get set up and linked up to my NAS but that was partly me not properly reading menu options when trying to add my network folder containing my movies. It also took a bit of playing around to get it outputting 4k HDR properly, but seems to be working ok.

Initial impressions from flicking through a few movie clips are that it's not as slick as the Apple TV / Infuse solution I've been using but browsing through the collection is quick and playback was smooth and now I have Atmos / DTS-X :)

The movie scraper did a very good job and I only had to make a couple of corrections though there are some odd movie posters - one in particular where it has linked the BlacKkKlansman poster to A Quiet Place! Have seen how to change posters yet.

IMG_1815.jpeg

I think that you can't manually change posters.
What you can do is enter manually the IMDB code of the movie not identified correctly.

You can’t change the posters but in MyCollection there is a setting to update them. This presumably brings back the latest posters from IMDb.

A number of my movies are correctly identified by MyCollection and have posters on IMDb but MyCollection does not retrieve them, instead just returning a generic movie picture. It’s frustrating, particularly in view of the fact that it is not finding all of my movies either.

Zappiti as a media centre is in a different league to this poor solution which hasn’t really evolved much since its introduction a few years back.

Thanks both. I'll have a go at rescanning. A Quiet Place is matched to the right film, but for some reason picking up the poster for a completely different one!

I agree that the setup isn't great (for me vs the Apple TV which I'm used to) and, unless there's a way of simplifying, it takes a few too many clicks for my liking to get to the movie wall. That said, it's been playing great for 4K, including atmos/DTS-X and also my 3d movies are working which is what I bought it for (though seem to have to manually enable 3d after starting to play).

I also downloaded the app and that was a pleasant surprise for navigating.

Is there any way for it to highlight films that are 4k or 3d as at the moment it just shows everything the same. I guess I could move into separate folders manually otherwise?

You can add MyCollection as a "favourite" and in the power on settings have it boot directly to it. Still takes a click or two if you want all genres loaded in the wall but a bit better.

Unfortunately there is no way of differentiating between 4K and 3D in this application. It is a one size fits all solution unlike Kodi or Zappiti. Yes you could do separate folders and just navigate to them but that is not ideal.

As a player 9/10, as a media centre 5/10.

You can add MyCollection as a "favourite" and in the power on settings have it boot directly to it. Still takes a click or two if you want all genres loaded in the wall but a bit better.

Unfortunately there is no way of differentiating between 4K and 3D in this application. It is a one size fits all solution unlike Kodi or Zappiti. Yes you could do separate folders and just navigate to them but that is not ideal.

As a player 9/10, as a media centre 5/10.
Thanks, will give that a try. Think I’d agree on the rating so far too. I see you’ve got both a Zappiti and Dune from your sig - how do you compare the two?

Both excellent players but Zappiti has a far superior media centre solution. However, being pure Android the Zap can be a bit quirky, especially with network files.

Hi, i have a realbox 4k and i would like to know with which pc program i can ad metadata to the movie files so that it shows movie info, poster and so. Some of the movies have it and most don't.
Thanks.

Hi, i have a realbox 4k and i would like to know with which pc program i can ad metadata to the movie files so that it shows movie info, poster and so. Some of the movies have it and most don't.
Thanks.
You could yadis. It was designed as an alternative solution for Dune players.

Thanks mtenga 😎👍

I hoped it would work but it does not.
I have the yadis 2.3.
I upload the movie data and click process.
And it all seems to work inside the program, but the realbox player does not show the metadata.

Last edited:
Thanks mtenga 😎👍

I hoped it would work but it does not.
I have the yadis 2.3.
I upload the movie data and click process.
And it all seems to work inside the program, but the realbox player does not show the metadata.
Your best bet is to ask on that thread I linked to above. Plenty of experts in there.

I have reset my realbox and now it shows the "my collection" and "movies" tab.
Problem solved. Thanks.

Does anyone have any issues with playback stuttering or recommended network connection settings?

I have my Realbox connected to my QNAP NAS, both are connected to my network with wired connections, with the folders on the nas connected by NFS.

Standard definition and some UHD films playback ok, but others, for example the Matrix Reloaded and the Shining are regularly stuttering and unwatchable. The same films playback fine on my Apple TV via Infuse linked to my Plex server.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome.

There are no special network settings as such. If you have a 10 bit panel set the Dune display settings to 10 bit 4.4.4. Might help.

There are no special network settings as such. If you have a 10 bit panel set the Dune display settings to 10 bit 4.4.4. Might help.
Thanks, I'll give that a try and hopefully that works as it's been pretty good when it works..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom