Question Dune H1network problems

charlie55

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I think I have managed to lose the IP address of my Dune, in Network it says (unset) [disconnected] [ethernet]. I have no idea what to do now to retrieve the situation. If anyone can help please do as I have no idea what to do next Thanks

Does the Dune get its IP dynamically - ie is it given out by your router automatically or do you have a static IP address set?
Have you checked all cables between router & Dune? You should get the lights on the network ports lit if they can see & talk to each other.
Are you hard wired with Network cables, via Homeplugs or using WiFi?
Do you have a Netgear router and/or network switch? Some Netgear equipment is reported by some to not play nice with Dune media players, but not sure why as it has always worked well for me (router and switch).
What has changed on your network recently that could have caused the problem. If any equipment has been moved it may be worth removing the network cables and reseating them to make sure they are not loose.
Have you tried powering the router off and back on? Sometimes a router can run out of dynamic IP addresses and a reboot resets the DHCP server.

Good luck with the above and let us know how you get on.

Mark.

Sorry for very late reply! But I'm afraid with having the computing skills of a gnat I just gave up. I do not handle stress very well and this sent my levels very high. Thanks anyway even although I didn't understand much of it. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom