Dune Explorer 2.2 discussion thread

Denass

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a thread going on MPC Club for DUNE EXPLORER 2.2 but the site is dying and new members cant access to put anything in.
I am going to try to carry it on over here and atleast new people can join in.
I have always liked this program for dune and found it very easy to use.
There is new developers taking it on now so hoping they will come here and we can make it productive together.

Here is the original link to MPC
DUNE Explorer 2 official topic - MPC Club Community Board

Here is the link to the new developers
Zentriert ins Antlitz - Homepage 2013

Here is what Marke19 a moderator here has had to say

MPC Club is a dying forum and nobody who can do anything about it is even trying to resurrect it. Many members have asked the owner HiJack to either sort it out or sell it on, but he is AWOL and just leaving the forum to die.

RIP MPC Club

Mark.

I thank MARK very much for his help on this

I will email the new developers of DUNE EXPLORER 2.2 about this thread and hopefully they will follow on here.

I hope someone who has access to MPC Club can put a link in there to here for us to expand on

I am hoping of good things now for Dune Explorer 2.2

Thanks

I have put a link on the MPC Club thread point to here, so with a bit of luck the new developers will pop in for a look :smashin:

Mark.

Hi to all and thanks to Denass & MarkE19 for the Information about MPC-Club.
We try to post all news and updates about Dune Explorer 2.2 at this point.
For more Information go to ...
Zentriert ins Antlitz - Homepage 2013

ps. next beta release is under construction, some nice new options to bypass the waiting time to final version with fixed TMDB scraper eingine.

Welcome to the forum Xearox :hiya:

Hopefully with the new developments Dune Explorer 2 will be come a popular video wall program for the Dune media players again.

Mark.

One thing I used in yadis that I really like is bulk processing.
I never used this in Dune Explorer but wondering if it does it.
Does anyone know and if not will it be implemented in the new Dune Explorer.
Thanks

@Denass
There is a batch/bulk processing in Dune Explorer 2.2
Go to "File/Auto generation wizard"
We removed this Button from the Surface but the function is still available.
I dont like these batch tools, because the most collected information are not usefull.
You must do many post process to fit it (in my and many other cases).
Why we remove the button? Because it is beside the save button and if you click it accidentally it nervs :censored:
As for myself, i dont work with Yadis/Zapitti/MyMovies or anything like this, because these tools are based on databases. I like to save my movie data on local drive. Ok databases have some pros like a search function, but if one or more drives crashes ???
After this, i can save my interface and design on portable drives with Dune Explorer, take it, go to my friend and all looks like home :smashin:
Everyone should do his own thing and use the tool he like or prefer. Dune Explorer 2.2 based on completely different starting point, it is no database tool in the true sense but we think about a database HDD search tool. Very simple but with the possibility to search by actor/genre etc etc based on simple xml with a simple interface for Dune Player. The idea is to start this tool from any location like sdcard and after search it presents you the location of the movie like "please connect HDD5" ;)
But this is a future thing, at first we should work at the TMDB problem and some bugs.

Thankyou
Will check it out.
The reasons you gave is why I like Dune Explorer too.
Very happy you guys have taken the program up.

Enjoy!
OUT NOW - Dune Explorer 2.2.0.85 Final Release
incl. TMDB API V3 FIX - a new Default Template , Filmaffinity.com (ESPANOL) Movie-Scraper and Bugfixes

go to Zentriert ins Antlitz - Homepage 2013

short Info for MPC Users, it seems that i have no longer the possibility to post anything at MPC, whyever?

Last edited:
short Info for MPC Users, it seems that i have no longer the possibility to post anything at MPC, whyever?[/quote]

I changed my email address there and I also could not get back in.
It looks very much like MPC Forum is dying as previously stated
Hopefully here it will take up for DUNE EXPLORER discussions for users of the program

thankyou for giving us this update and I am now checking it out
very much appreciated

Is there an easy way to change templates or do you have to start again
Also can you view how all the templates look before starting
thanks

hi interested in giving this program a try. is there any one who could put together an idiots guide to installing and using the program. ie where do you install it can it be installed on a nas or does it go to a usb storage in the dune like yadis and zappiti etc.

many thanks Bruny

hi interested in giving this program a try. is there any one who could put together an idiots guide to installing and using the program. ie where do you install it can it be installed on a nas or does it go to a usb storage in the dune like yadis and zappiti etc.

many thanks Bruny

Here is a link to how I learnt--its a good guide to start with

DUNE Explorer 2 official topic - MPC Club Community Board

sorry forgot to put it in

Last edited:
I use many drives that have similar drive letters.I found yadis to corrupt files regularly having this system like this

thanks for the reply Denass. but i don't see a link in your post

For the developers
If I do a batch of movies here is my 1st impressions

1 slower then yadis to scrape but ok
2 great program as its the only one that puts all info on the drive being used and not a single database
3 when doing bulk movie scraping goes thru ok and really like UMC LIKE template
thanks

Last edited:
thanks i'll have a look

I would like to thank the developers who have been working on Dune Explorer and very happy with it.
My 1st drive I done for some reason was a bit iffy.
I have done 3 drives tonite with about 90 movies on each.
They are bulk loading everything fine into the folders.
Had to do a few folders manually as named wrong etc.
I think IMBD was slow earlier but all going well now
This is my favorite media wall software now
Thanks Guys:thumbsup:

Just an update
Processed 9 drives now with the new Dune Explorer and going great.
Very happy with it
Seems very stable too and think its better then the older one.
Would be good if when bulk processing a title comes up that doesnt process it waits till you click ok to proceed.Would be nice not to stop and keep going and you can go back when all
is done and manually do the ones that didnt process.

Last edited:
UPDATE - Dune Explorer 2.2.0.90 FINAL (SMALL FIXES RELEASE)
for better results, please kill your old (2.2.0.85) folder and extract the rar to a complete new folder. All templates are included, you do not need copy and paste anything from previous versions except you have make an own new template.
ps. all of you can send us new templates (if you want) and we add it to the next releases.

@Denass
Fixing the auto wizard is not so easy, from the start we never really occupied with this function, because i do not generate hundreds of movies.
I`m no friend of auto wizards, sorry.
But, we try to improve this function in near future but please take some patience with us.

@Denass
Fixing the auto wizard is not so easy, from the start we never really occupied with this function, because i do not generate hundreds of movies.
I`m no friend of auto wizards, sorry.
But, we try to improve this function in near future but please take some patience with us.[/quote]

I am very happy with Dune Explorer as it is.
I previously used Yadis and before that was always Dune Explorer
So I had to redo all my drives.Dune Explorer worked fine for bulk and probably wont ever need to bulk do again because I want to stay with DE.
If I find any bugs will let you know but as I have said very happy how it is now.
You have done a great job and very thankful of your efforts
Thanks

Thanks too, we are very happy to have so much positive feedback.
In the first days it was never our purpose making a new Dune Explorer, we want only fix the TMDB bug.
But after some work i thought we can try to fix much more and share this with other users :smashin:

I have a erorr when i want to search on themoviedb.org:
An unhandled error has ocaaured Message:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
stack:
at TmdbProvider.TmdbProvider.Search(String title)
at Dune_Exploer.Forms.FrmMain.bkgWorkerScan_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Edit
I have no problems when i use it from my d drive instead of my nas. So for my is the problem solved

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom