Dune - Editing categories, what files to transfer

nheather

Distinguished Member
Hi, my next Dune question is this.

I have just let IMDB\TMDB\TVDB set the categories for my videos. I notice that many aren't as I would like them, some are just plain wrong and I'd also like to set up my own categories like 'Wife's Favourites'.

Editing them is the easy part but there are two things I would like to avoid if at all possible.

1 - When I press 'Export to Dune' will it just send the changes or will it recreate the whole 'Zappiti_Resources' folder. I hope not because that takes a few hours to do.

2 - I create my Zappiti structure on a local disk on my PC and then copy it to an identical disk on the Zappiti. This is so I can work quickly on my PC and I have a backup of everything should the disk in my Dune fail. But in this case I only want to copy across the files changed by the category edits - do you know which files I would need to copy?

Cheers,

Nigel

MarkE19

According to the developer of Zappiti an 'Export to Dune' only exports the changes (but an 'Export to iTunes' currently exports everything). However I have my doubts about this as when watching an export on the PC I see cover art & synopsis pages that I know I have not made any changes to :confused:
I guess the only way to work out what has changed would be to view the individual .aai files and see which have the current date.

Mark.

nheather

Distinguished Member
I guess the only way to work out what has changed would be to view the individual .aai files and see which have the current date.
That's my conecern though. I'm not keen to press 'export to dune' if it is going to redo everything because it takes a few hours. And if it does, looking at the datestamp won't help because I assume that they will all be given a new datestamp.

Also be frustrating to have to go through all that each time you want to make a miinor change.

Guess the only way to know is to try it - I will have a go tonight when I'm not using my PC and report back.

Cheers,

Nigel

MarkE19

I checked my .aai files earlier and not all of them had the same date, so maybe it isn't a full update when you export.

Mark.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Okay, tried it and it is quick rather than a repeat of the full export.

However, the results are quite random - I only changed the categories on a handful of films but this resulted in 580 out of 2800 files being rewritten or updated.

Cheers,

Nigel

MarkE19

I'm not surprised that there were a lot more files recreated as all Zappiti does is create static images. Therefore for any change several images need to be created, ie for every screen of your cover art you need 1 image per full screen. Scroll down 1 row and I think that is a completely new image being displayed. Then for each selected cover it is again a new image to show each of the highlighted covers etc etc etc.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom