RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - WB Shop UK - Zavvi

"Pain Box" Limited Edition (HMV Exclusive): HMV

Release date: 31/01/2022 (HMV Limited Edition: 19/09/2022)

Dune21_4K.jpg

"Pain Box" Limited Edition, exclusive to HMV:
Dune_Pain_Box_LE_4K (HMV).jpg

Dune_Pain_Box_LE_4K (HMV) (packshot).jpg

• Exclusive ‘Pain Box of the Bene Gesserit’ Rigid Slipcase
  • 32-Page Booklet
  • 8 Character Art Cards

Steelbook threads: Dune (2021) (HMV Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Dune (2021) (WB Shop UK Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'll be watching it for the cast alone. No fan of Lynch's abortion so my hopes are high.

I liked all Villeneuve's early films (Maelström, Polytechnique, Incendies, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, but his rehash/remake of Blade Runner was unwatchable.

Interesting director I just hope he goes back to cheaper films (when I say cheaper I mean they shouldn't trust him with so much money and time). I see his name is attached to Cleopatra good gawd.

I'm keeping an eye on the French steelbook as it includes the 3D disc as well. Just concerned about the subtitles so will check when it's released.

I'll be watching it for the cast alone. No fan of Lynch's abortion so my hopes are high.

I liked all Villeneuve's early films (Maelström, Polytechnique, Incendies, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, but his rehash/remake of Blade Runner was unwatchable.

Interesting director I just hope he goes back to cheaper films (when I say cheaper I mean they shouldn't trust him with so much money and time). I see his name is attached to Cleopatra good gawd.
Lynch's abortion? rehash/remake of Blade Runner?

That pretty much says it all about you and your never ending stupid posts. Good gawd indeed...

Well Lynch himself thinks the film is unwatchable. Abortion is a perfect term for its production and release history. As I said elsewhere Dino De Laurentiis thought it was going to be Flash Gordon 2 but ended up with a 140min Sting pop video.

Have you seen all those other Villeneuve films I mentioned? No of course you haven't. Blade Runner 2 (or remake) was his worst film yet. The original Blade Runner was a masterpiece.

Seems a fair opinion.

I'm looking forward to the 2021 Dune (am I allowed to say it's a remake or is there a parallel universe in your film watching?).

Well Lynch himself thinks the film is unwatchable. Abortion is a perfect term for its production and release history. As I said elsewhere Dino De Laurentiis thought it was going to be Flash Gordon 2 but ended up with a 140min Sting pop video.

Have you seen all those other Villeneuve films I mentioned? No of course you haven't. Blade Runner 2 (or remake) was his worst film yet. The original Blade Runner was a masterpiece.

Seems a fair opinion.

I'm looking forward to the 2021 Dune (am I allowed to say it's a remake or is there a parallel universe in your film watching?).
The 2021 Dune is based on the book - its not a remake.

Blade Runner 2049 is a sequel to Blade Runner - its not a remake.

Is that simple enough for you? Do you want to create a new thread about it? Or maybe ten more threads perhaps to bore us all even more. You just dont get it do you?! :D

Pretty sure Villeneuve had seen Blade Runner and Lynch's Dune so to my thinking they're remaking those films. Hopefully, he's not actually going to remake Lynch's film because it'll be even worse.

Of course the last 4 or so Star Wars films are also remakes trying to capture the original trilogy's popularity. Not going to happen but they'll keep remaking them if you're Disnied up.

Was Psycho (1998, Gus Van Sant) a remake? Yup, and the director said so in fact that was his point.

Most follow-ups, prequels and sequels are just remakes that's my point. See: Halloween 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11+ Nice for Moustapha Akkad's lawyers. Me, not so much.

LMK when you actually watch those Villeneuve films and maybe you'll understand the point I made. He was a very interesting director, he got great then he made a crap film (Blade Runner²). Chronology.

I hope Villeneuve has done something good -I lub good films- with 2021 Dune I'll be watching it this weekend and I'll let you know as you'll be desperate to know my thoughts :D

Pretty sure Villeneuve had seen Blade Runner and Lynch's Dune so to my thinking they're remaking those films. Hopefully, he's not actually going to remake Lynch's film because it'll be even worse.

Of course the last 4 or so Star Wars films are also remakes trying to capture the original trilogy's popularity. Not going to happen but they'll keep remaking them if you're Disnied up.

Was Psycho (1998, Gus Van Sant) a remake? Yup, and the director said so in fact that was his point.

Most follow-ups, prequels and sequels are just remakes that's my point. See: Halloween 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11+ Nice for Moustapha Akkad's lawyers. Me, not so much.

LMK when you actually watch those Villeneuve films and maybe you'll understand the point I made. He was a very interesting director, he got great then he made a crap film (Blade Runner²). Chronology.

I hope Villeneuve has done something good -I lub good films- with 2021 Dune I'll be watching it this weekend and I'll let you know as you'll be desperate to know my thoughts :D
Way to derail the thread but hey you love doing that so no surprises there. Again.

Im sure you'll be creating new threads for crap films that dont need them again shortly.

Are you really that desperate for likes and validation? Havent you wondered why the vast majority of your babble gets no response at all? Hell Im even going off Fallout because of your avatar! :D

IGC threads?

They tried and failed?
They tried and died.

1634844512997.png

The only problem I have with buying this now is knowing that there will most likely be a collectors set when part 2 arrives and I don’t want to be double dipping.

The only problem I have with buying this now is knowing that there will most likely be a collectors set when part 2 arrives and I don’t want to be double dipping.
Yep. And there's always a chance of no part 2 which would be a travesty but possible given what happened with Blade Runner 2049..

Halloween 3 was never a remake prequel or sequel But a totally stand alone movie if you bothered to watch them.

Yep. And there's always a chance of no part 2 which would be a travesty but possible given what happened with Blade Runner 2049..
Pretty sure I read over at BDF that Villeneuve stipulated that he would only work on Dune if he was guaranteed a part 2, so I'm less worried about that. Will I be able to hold out that long though... :eek:

Yep. And there's always a chance of no part 2 which would be a travesty but possible given what happened with Blade Runner 2049.
I've been optimistic (maybe foolishly so) that HBO Max will save the day. I was reading an article a while back that when WB had to renegotiate his contract to get it onto streaming, one of the stipulations is that HBO Max viewership will be taken into accounts for sequel decisions. So here's hoping.

I didn't know anything about this production.

Watched it today and really enjoyed it really quick 2½ hours. Bit shocked to see "Part 1". Hopefully Peter Jackson won't be along to do 2 & 3.

Damn fine cast Chalamet seems to hold the entire film together he's very good. FX was all amazingly well done and Hans Zimmer's score was perfect.

I seen strange ties to the disaster that was Slipstream and of course the original Star Wars.

Charlotte Rampling AND Bautista in the same film?

I'd put my left ball on Lynch watching this streaming in his basement and wondering where it all went wrong for him. Don't worry David, we still lub you :D

I'm going to watch that documentary Jodorowsky's Dune

9/10

tshirt.png

HMV doing a pretty cool t-shirt promo for this I was going to go for it but it's only 20% off the t-shirt. And it's small only so will fit Paul Atreides sized folk only.

I'll just wait until it's £20.00 or less.

Jodorowsky's Dune was fascinating but I'm glad he never got the 'Hollywood' money to make it it would have been truly horrible (all the pre-production work did look beautiful though). He laughed at how bad Lynch's film was although he said it wasn't really a Lynch film and was the producer cut. Hmm. H.R. Giger is interviewed too he did not look well (he was seriously ill at the time and died within months). Gary Kurtz pops up too which is odd as I mentioned his Slipstream above.

Well worth a look if you're a Dune fan.

View attachment 1591375

HMV doing a pretty cool t-shirt promo for this I was going to go for it but it's only 20% off the t-shirt. And it's small only so will fit Paul Atreides sized folk only.

I'll just wait until it's £20.00 or less.

Jodorowsky's Dune was fascinating but I'm glad he never got the 'Hollywood' money to make it it would have been truly horrible (all the pre-production work did look beautiful though). He laughed at how bad Lynch's film was although he said it wasn't really a Lynch film and was the producer cut. Hmm. H.R. Giger is interviewed too he did not look well (he was seriously ill at the time and died within months). Gary Kurtz pops up too which is odd as I mentioned his Slipstream above.

Well worth a look if you're a Dune fan.
Wrong yet again. If you bother to check it properly, you will see that you can select the size... :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom