MrNikeR

If you are keen to get it sooner you can get it from Amazon.it. It will be delivered on the 3rd Jan (possibly sooner) and costs £25.50.

Amazon product
Yeah I should have if it weren't for the issues I encountered trying to order the French version over and over again until I gave up.

Moonda

I can’t believe people have this already 😂

I just watched it in the cinema last week. It’s about time a film like this came around.

Can‘t wait to see/hear it on the disc.

David Alexander

It’s been a hectic week or so. So while I have it on disc, I’ve yet to get round to playing it. @Moonda For you, what will being able to play it in a home setting bring to the party?

Moonda

It’s been a hectic week or so. So while I have it on disc, I’ve yet to get round to playing it. @Moonda For you, what will being able to play it in a home setting bring to the party?
Well, I’m lucky to have a setup that’s more ‘intimate’ than the cinema I went to see Dune in. So the audio should be more enveloping & engaging since my speakers (including a couple of in-ceiling Atmos) only need to cater to 1-3 ‘sweet spots’ rather than 50 or so the cinema needed to. I also have an OLED TV fairly close to the seating position, so the dark scenes should be very clear & ‘in your face’.

Dune has the potential to topple Shadow as the best UHD 4K ‘package’ in my collection.
📀🎬🍿

mossym

Distinguished Member
Watched a bit of this tonight, saw it in the cinema, will keep a full rewatch until my new speakers arrive, but first thoughts are this is absolute reference quality. Video looks absolutely pristine.

David Alexander

Well, I’m lucky to have a setup that’s more ‘intimate’ than the cinema I went to see Dune in. So the audio should be more enveloping & engaging since my speakers (including a couple of in-ceiling Atmos) only need to cater to 1-3 ‘sweet spots’ rather than 50 or so the cinema needed to. I also have an OLED TV fairly close to the seating position, so the dark scenes should be very clear & ‘in your face’.

Dune has the potential to topple Shadow as the best UHD 4K ‘package’ in my collection.
📀🎬🍿
That’s how I was thinking, my sound is now pretty much sorted - a decent front end and 3 subs. I may have to inch my way closer to our screen to get the cinematic visual experience. Do you reckon the sound would be better in your home set up? I found the last Star Wars film me and my wife saw was just loud and bass bloated when we saw it in Manchester Printworks.

Moonda

Do you reckon the sound would be better in your home set up?
I think compared to the low end cinema I watched Dune at, my home setup should be better. I have the field of view pretty much matched to the cinema & picture clarity bettered thanks to the (Panasonic) OLED.

The cinema didn’t have Atmos speakers either, so I have that advantage too. Plus how my system only needs to cater to 3 seats, audio should be more ‘personal’.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Reduced slightly on Amazon.it to EUR22.44 + 3.08 Shipping

Amazon product

David Alexander

Really enjoyed that. I’m hoping that this is the first instalment of a story arc.
Picture wise the HDR was as good as my set up can render an the sound quality was superb.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
3rd watch this week, first with my son (7) today and thanks to the sheild effects, blood (as such) is to a minimum so not too much shielding of his eyes. The bass is superb, the floor was vibrating, the score is fantastic. Wish I had of managed IMAX with him as it would have been one for him to remember.
Kyle Ren has been put to the side, Duncan is his new hero!

It’s a very easy rewatch, mind you, I have had 2 trips with Tinker Tailor this week too, I feel a 3rd coming on, but as for this, reference disc all the way. Extra features tonight I think.

Moonda

dracthelad

Seen this at the cinema and at home in 4K, enjoyed both, but much preferred the home viewing. The 4K presentation is superb, but the audio stole the show for me. Such a wonderful film.

FutureShark

Well I ordered the steelbook for DUNE uhd before Christmas from Warner Bros store directly, with a promised release date of 31/12/2021.
Still hasn't come, and the website now says release date 31/12/2022!!
I emailed them last week and got a reply saying covid, supply issues etc. But no despatch date.

Anyone here bought the steelbook from WB and received it yet?
WB Dune Steelbook

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Well I ordered the steelbook for DUNE uhd before Christmas from Warner Bros store directly, with a promised release date of 31/12/2021.
Still hasn't come, and the website now says release date 31/12/2022!!
I emailed them last week and got a reply saying covid, supply issues etc. But no despatch date.

Anyone here bought the steelbook from WB and received it yet?
WB Dune Steelbook
The release date will be 31st Jan, same as it is everywhere else in U.K.

MrNikeR

The release date will be 31st Jan, same as it is everywhere else in U.K.
I pre-ordered the HMV Steelbook before Christmas and received the same update for release 31.01.2022.

MrNikeR

MrNikeR

Ignore...was suppose to reply with a smiley :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audioengine launches compact S6 powered subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett