Clock'd 0ne

i cant even find it listed on amazon.com! doesn't come up on my searches
It turns out you actually can't pre-order in the states yet, it's pending. Every other country seems to have pre-orders available.

There is a Best Buy pre-order Steelbook available actually but good luck getting that shipped to the UK.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
best and fastest place to import from US?

I'd say WowHD etc but it's around £41 shipped so not worth it imo.
UK release could well end up the 10th Jan or at the very least should be within the same month as US so honestly I'd just stick a pre-order in for the UK release.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
I'd say WowHD etc but it's around £41 shipped so not worth it imo.
UK release could well end up the 10th Jan or at the very least should be within the same month as US so honestly I'd just stick a pre-order in for the UK release.
you right Mr Devil. would only import if there was a big gap between usa vs UK release...or if one had IMAX and the other didn't...I have seen this movie in IMAX and it was glorious...loved it. the only time i have been the cinema this year

dante01

Distinguished Member
you right Mr Devil. would only import if there was a big gap between usa vs UK release...or if one had IMAX and the other didn't...I have seen this movie in IMAX and it was glorious...loved it. the only time i have been the cinema this year

I think that there's a huge difference between watching an IMAX release in an IMAX cinema and what you get at home with what is labelled IMAX. Your screen is limited to the size it was when you bought it regardless of what the aspect ratio of the content you are portraying on it is. If you go to an IMAX threatre then its the physical screen and the way the film fills it that makes it special.

Unless you are a billionaire with your very own IMAX theatre, you're not going to get IMAX at home.

Last edited:

Gibs

Standard Member
The U.S. release of the blu-ray has that god-awful floating heads poster for the artwork. Ordering myself the Best Buy steelbook. That thing looks amazing.

DUNE BR.jpg

Dune US Steelbook.jpg

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
I think that there's a huge difference between watching an IMAX release in an IMAX cinema and what you get at home with what is labelled IMAX. Your screen is limited to the size it was when you bought it regardless of what the aspect ratio of the content you are portraying on it is. If you go to an IMAX threatre then its the physical screen and the way the film fills it that makes it special.

Ubless you are a billionaire with your very own IMAX theatre, you're not going to get IMAX at home.
Yes thats true...but I prefer the Imax 1:90 at home ..it looks great on my 65 inch than widescreen if possible on releases

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member

Praetorpwj

Unless you are a billionaire with your very own IMAX theatre, you're not going to get IMAX at home.
True, but 132” from 3m ain’t too bad.

sraper

According to the WB shop release date is 6/12 😀
Screenshot_20211123-184227_Chrome.jpg

rulocal

Distinguished Member
You know that Best Buy steelbook is the same as the one from Warner Shop UK don't you? With 10% off for new ahem customers?

You are probably right but sometimes the US steels are given a glossy finish whilst ours aren‘t, and this one looks as if it would really benefit from a bit of gloss. A debossed title would be nice too, albeit very unlikely.

ZevDaWolf

Novice Member
I watched this movie at least 5 times on my system and with a decent AVReceiver and OLED TV this movie is visually amazing and so loud and thunderous you don't need IMAX. The thing is, after the movie I was bummed out that it will be so long until the second part.

sraper

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Read elswhere that this will be standard letterbox ratio. No Switching (IMAX) ratios.

Big :thumbsdow if so.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The aspect ratio will basically be 1.78:1.

An IMAX release would mean you'd get 1.90:1 for some scenes.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Just ordered the Italian release, lets see if it turns up quickly, usually a few days from Europe.

Unless its being delivered to the UK. They've a special centre where they send goods destined for the UK where they spend a few days kicking your parcel around a warehouse before forwarding it to an unknown destination somewhere in the Ukrain.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audioengine launches compact S6 powered subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett