Dune (2021) 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I read a rumour this morning that a re-release is coming with the IMAX ratio included. Fingers crossed it comes out to coincide with the 4K release of Part 2...I'd love a nice boxset of both!
Is it just a rumour rumour or a very strong rumour… don’t give me hope…. 🥵

And another for the “three” pack! 😉
Futurama Buy GIF

And another for the “three” pack! 😉
I read Dune Messiah again not long ago and am really struggling to see how this is going to make a great blockbuster film in all honesty! I suspect it will need to be changed quite a bit..

What's the best version of watching this to catch up before watching movie 2 next week chaps, UHD disc version / Streaming?

What's the best version of watching this to catch up before watching movie 2 next week chaps, UHD disc version / Streaming?
100% disc especially if you have any thing above TV speakers to listen through….

I read Dune Messiah again not long ago and am really struggling to see how this is going to make a great blockbuster film in all honesty! I suspect it will need to be changed quite a bit..
I’m planning on a re-read shortly…will be interesting after watching Part 2

My interpretation of that vid above is there won't be an IMAX home release (4K UHD), sadly. Looks like he's of the, "if you want the IMAX version, go to the cinema and watch it" brigade.

Maybe Chris Nolan can give him a bump and tell him to push through and IMAX home release.

I've no doubt that we'll get a dual Part 1&2 release though (which is what i'll probably get since I don't have this on disc yet).

My interpretation of that vid above is there won't be an IMAX home release (4K UHD), sadly. Looks like he's of the, "if you want the IMAX version, go to the cinema and watch it" brigade.

Maybe Chris Nolan can give him a bump and tell him to push through and IMAX home release.

I've no doubt that we'll get a dual Part 1&2 release though (which is what i'll probably get since I don't have this on disc yet).
See I don't mind that but the showings it's on within 30 miles of me are on at 8pm and that's it, hardly flexible!

The sliver of hope is that he does say ‘You’re supposed to already have an IMAX version of part 1 already’ so he’s not against the idea of us having it as he thought we already did.

The sliver of hope is that he does say ‘You’re supposed to already have an IMAX version of part 1 already’ so he’s not against the idea of us having it as he thought we already did.
Yeh I heard that but for a man as technically gifted as he is, wanting to use IMAX cameras and all, to not know we don’t have a home version of this, boggles my mind.

Says to me he doesn't even do home cinema or know about 4K UHD.

Well good things come to those who wait.

I’d foolishly put off watching Dune because people had said that it will be better to watch when Part Two comes out. So we finally put the disc in last night and wow. An unbelievable film from start to finish.

Now I confess to putting more value in the visual side of things which this film was was quite frankly ridiculous at times but I kid you not, the audio experience I had with this film was absolutely incredible. The best I’ve ever experienced and that’s just with me having a Sonos Beam (Gen 2)/Sub/surrounds setup.

Might have to finalise that trip over @Mr X haha

Will be booking a viewing in for Part Two as soon as it’s possible.

Well good things come to those who wait.

I’d foolishly put off watching Dune because people had said that it will be better to watch when Part Two comes out. So we finally put the disc in last night and wow. An unbelievable film from start to finish.

Now I confess to putting more value in the visual side of things which this film was was quite frankly ridiculous at times but I kid you not, the audio experience I had with this film was absolutely incredible. The best I’ve ever experienced and that’s just with me having a Sonos Beam (Gen 2)/Sub/surrounds setup.

Might have to finalise that trip over @Mr X haha

Will be booking a viewing in for Part Two as soon as it’s possible.
It’s a really good film and also stunning from a visual and sonic perspective.

Funny enough I just updated my Atmos speakers this week and played a few scenes such as
rescuing the miners
and the
Remove the gag helicopter escape scene
Holy cow this sound track hits hard!!!

For me it’s up there with BR2049 in terms of a constant atmospheric sound track.

I’ve got it lined up to watch again just ahead of part 2. Normally I’d be seeing part2 in the IMAX but given I’ve spent so much on the room it will be a home viewing for me and only have to wait for a rumoured June release so not too long.

Still waiting for you to sort out a visit @BMox81 👍🏽

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom