DUNE (October 2021) directed by Denis Villeneuve

Not voting is the mind-killer. ...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Re-shoots happen almost all of the time, don't they?

You may have noticed that the world has changed since this was filmed. Maybe they no longer want to make a part 2 and are removing the parts that set this up (even if it already was a standalone film)

All speculation of course.

If they re-edit the film to cover the whole of the first book in one film, surely it will have (some of) the same problems as the Lunch version, surely?

If they re-edit the film to cover the whole of the first book in one film, surely it will have (some of) the same problems as the Lunch version, surely?

There is really no way they could do this between now and November, we're talking major VFX work to make that a possibility. Worst case scenario is what Freestyler8 says, remove all reference to a part 2 (therefore potentially ending the story short of the book). Best case scenario is that it's just a few extra shots to tidy things up and make the final edit even better.

Not good news. Dune 2020 is heading for reshoots. Usually this happens when the final cut has been seen by studio execs and awkward decisions need to be made.

Reshoots are usually costly and only done when absolutely necessary. Something must be wrong with the original vision.

Not really - these days, reshoots are often planned in. Even Endgame had reshoots and that turned out pretty OK! Some reshoots are major (see Rogue One, Justice League) - this doesn't sound like that.

These were probably due to be done earlier, but got pushed back because of Covid. May yet affect that December date, but we'll see.

Dune 2020 delayed?

Cant believe we are only months away from what should be a massive release and all we’ve had so far is a handful of not so great photos.

I can’t see this coming out this year. With Tenet being pushed back to 2021 and social distancing tumbling on what hope has Dune 2020 got in 2020?

There’s no hype for this movie at all. No trailer. No more photos. No leaks. No news. It’s all gone dead.

Dune 2020 delayed?

Cant believe we are only months away from what should be a massive release and all we’ve had so far is a handful of not so great photos.

I can’t see this coming out this year. With Tenet being pushed back to 2021 and social distancing tumbling on what hope has Dune 2020 got in 2020?

There’s no hype for this movie at all. No trailer. No more photos. No leaks. No news. It’s all gone dead.

That's the spirit.

Dune 2020 delayed?

Can you confirm this for definite ?

Can you confirm this for definite ?

I read Tenet has been pulled indefinitely but could get released in different countries at different stages depending on C19.

If Dune gets nudged into 2021 then it might free up some space. But with Bond, Topgun 2 and a Tenet all getting squeezed into November/December it doesn’t look hopeful.

I read Tenet has been pulled indefinitely but could get released in different countries at different stages depending on C19.

If Dune gets nudged into 2021 then it might free up some space. But with Bond, Topgun 2 and a Tenet all getting squeezed into November/December it doesn’t look hopeful.

Hi Atmos, you were asked if you could confirm it. So can you?

Can I confirm Tenet has no release date at all? Yes.

Can I confirm Tenet has no release date at all? Yes.
The Warner Bros chairman was last quoted (after delaying Tenet again) as saying "We will share a new 2020 release date for Tenet imminently."

The Warner Bros chairman was last quoted (after delaying Tenet again) as saying "We will share a new 2020 release date for Tenet imminently."

But VisionMan was asking today and as of today there's no release date. Tomorrow could change everything but will Tenet release in 2020 in the UK? Who knows. Like I said it will depend on C19 and if any other Studios shift their movies like Dune into 2021. So far Dune is still 2020.

This thread is about DUNE and thats what I was talking about. But sorry for any confusion. So can you confirm or is that just speculation based on events?

This thread is about DUNE and thats what I was talking about. But sorry for any confusion. So can you confirm or is that just speculation based on events?

Confirm what? Tenet has no release date as of today? Yes

And as for Dune - as of today there's been delays or setbacks, yet. But that could change tomorrow as any other film set to be released in 2020.

Dune has at this point not been delayed. Tenet is rumoured to begin its roll out at the end of August, if that’s the case it will have no impact on Dune’s current release date.

Makes sense now Tenet is rolling out in August...

tenor.gif

Walk without rhythm and it wont attract the worm.

Rumoured Dune & WW84 trailers not ready for international Inception re release next week, but most likely be ready for U.S. Aug 21 release date, onwards

Recent Interview with Denis Villeneuve to tide people over.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom