RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - Deff.com - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 30/08/2021

Dune_4K_LE.jpg

Dune_4K_LE (contents).jpg

Special Features:
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative
  • 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Nette, Christian McCrea and Charlie Brigden, an American Cinematographer interview with sound designer Alan Splet from 1984, excerpts from an interview with the director from Chris Rodley’s book Lynch on Lynch and a Dune Terminology glossary from the original release
  • Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Dániel Taylor
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
  • Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Dániel Taylor
DISC ONE - FEATURE & EXTRAS (4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY):
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon
  • Brand new audio commentary by Mike White of The Projection Booth podcast
  • Impressions of Dune, a 2003 documentary on the making of the film, featuring interviews with star Kyle MacLachlan, producer Raffaella de Laurentiis, cinematographer Freddie Francis, editor Antony Gibbs and many others
  • Designing Dune, a 2005 featurette looking back at the work of production designer Anthony Masters
  • Dune FX, a 2005 featurette exploring the special effects in the film
  • Dune Models & Miniatures, a 2005 featurette focusing on the model effects in the film
  • Dune Costumes, a 2005 featurette looking at the elaborate costume designs seen in the film
  • Thirteen deleted scenes from the film, with a 2005 introduction by Raffaella de Laurentiis
  • Destination Dune, a 1983 featurette originally produced to promote the film at conventions and publicity events
  • Theatrical trailers and TV spots
  • Extensive image galleries, including hundreds of still photos
DISC TWO – BONUS DISC (BLU-RAY):
  • The Sleeper Must Awaken: Making Dune, a brand new feature-length documentary by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the making of the film, featuring dozens of new and archive interviews with cast and crew
  • Beyond Imagination: Merchandising Dune, a brand new featurette exploring the merchandise created to promote the film, featuring toy collector/producer Brian Sillman (The Toys That Made Us)
  • Prophecy Fulfilled: Scoring Dune, a brand new featurette on the film’s music score, featuring interviews with Toto guitarist Steve Lukather, Toto keyboardist Steve Porcaro, and film music historian Tim Greiving
  • Brand new interview with make-up effects artist Giannetto de Rossi, filmed in 2020
  • Archive interview with production coordinator Golda Offenheim, filmed in 2003
  • Archive interview with star Paul Smith, filmed in 2008
  • Archive interview with make-up effects artist Christopher Tucker
* EXTRAS STILL IN PRODUCTION AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE *

Steelbook option threads: Dune (1984) (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Dune (1984): Deluxe Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Attachments

• Dune_4K_LE (reverse sleeve cover).jpg
    Dune_4K_LE (reverse sleeve cover).jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

mikemag

Distinguished Member
That’s so getting bought :)

Mo Better Blues

Distinguished Member
Ooooooooooooo, nice

Muad'Dib me want

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Never seen it

IGC

Bankrupted Dino De Laurentiis who actually thought it was Flash Gordon 2. An unwatchable truly awful film. Lynch's worst film he should've taken his name off it. Tried several times to get through it but failed. I had no frame of reference I was like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what it's about.

Preordered.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Bankrupted Dino De Laurentiis who actually thought it was Flash Gordon 2. An unwatchable truly awful film. Lynch's worst film he should've taken his name off it. Tried several times to get through it but failed. I had no frame of reference I was like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what it's about.

Preordered.
So... its "An unwatchable truly awful film" but you've pre-ordered it anyway.

Well that makes total sense. :rolleyes:

hibster

yeah in for this.

be interesting to see how different denis villeneuve's remake will be when that's released

Clock'd 0ne

Wow this came out of nowhere, what a great surprise. I know it had its problems but its another fantastic piece of Lynch's work and I just love it, so much so it convinced me to buy the book and try to struggle to read it! So I'll be buying this for sure

SceneMissing

So... its "An unwatchable truly awful film" but you've pre-ordered it anyway.

Well that makes total sense. :rolleyes:

Personally I find things to like about it too, but just to step in here, I don't think it's irrational at all to want own cinematic follies or curios (particularly if a release is backed by a substantial set of special features). I get the sense IGC was writing somewhat tongue in cheek. :)

I'm very much looking forward to this.

Dorian

My VHS copy of this got some hammer back in the day, looking forward to it if the transfer is good.

Not a perfect film but has some beautiful moments, and that soundtrack, wow.

FevreDream

I vaguely remember it from my younger years.

Is it worth a semi blind buy? anyone?

It's a very weird film, it is Lynch after all. One of those cult movies you'll either love or hate. Hard to recommend it as a blind buy though, especially as a £45 purchase in it's Deluxe Edition.

Garrett

I dont like some of his wierd stuf but found this OK and enjoyed, but not the easiest of watches it you need to focus on it and take stuff in.

Clock'd 0ne

It's a very weird film, it is Lynch after all. One of those cult movies you'll either love or hate. Hard to recommend it as a blind buy though, especially as a £45 purchase in it's Deluxe Edition.

I was going to just add a numerous line about Sting in his underwear, but this perfectly captures why I feel it’s essential viewing, you need to be prepared to either love it or hate it though.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I agree, this is not an easy choice. The non-steelbook Limited Edition is actually very nice. I'm not sure if the steelbook version has it beat.

Choices, choices :)
Went with the Deluxe steelbook in the end.

inzaman

I have to get this, the first time I saw this was when I recorded it off of C4 summer 89 the year I left school. I then watched it pretty much every day over the summer as I was mesmerised by the story and then the vastness of it all.
The studio should have got spicediver into re-imagine it all in 4K, it would have been epic then as Lynch was definitely on the right tracks with the story but we all know what happened during production.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
Koch Media releasing a special 7-disc Dune: Ultimate Edition box set featuring the newly-restored Theatrical Cut in 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray, along with 2 Blu-ray discs of bonus features, TWO different versions of the Extended TV Edition on Blu-ray (apparently restored in HD mostly from film, with some portions sourced from analog video tape where film no longer exists), and the film’s soundtrack on CD. The package will also include the Ron Miller production design book, a booklet with an essay by Paul Poet, and a reproduction of the Marvel Comics adaptation by Bill Sienkiewicz and Ralph Macchio (not that Ralph Macchio).

Dune - Der Wüstenplanet (Ultimate Edition, 4K-UHD + 5 Blu-rays) (exklusiv im Koch Films Shop)-1025755

the thing wnn

that Koch media set is only available from them directly (and guess what, they don't ship to the UK) plus one of the extended versions on there is going to be SD only, not HD

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
DS Audio launches third generation DS003 optical cartridge
  • By Andy Bassett