Dune 101. Picture stutter when camera pans?

Reaction score
Having only watched a handful of films on my new Dune 101, I have noticed sometimes, that when the camera is panning the scene occasionally stutters (sound OK), I have noticed it worst on MKV's, I think.

I also did notice this on some copied DVD's in the past, so I'm guessing it's a TV issue.
TV is a Samsung LE32B450C4W. LED 720p.

Having only watched a handful of films on my new Dune 101, I have noticed sometimes, that when the camera is panning the scene occasionally stutters (sound OK), I have noticed it worst on MKV's, I think.

I also did notice this on some copied DVD's in the past, so I'm guessing it's a TV issue.
TV is a Samsung LE32B450C4W. LED 720p.

What are the picture settings of your Dune?

:) Blimey that was quick :).

Video connector - Digital HDMI
Video Mode - 720 50Hz
Aspect Ratio - Auto
Auto framrate - Disabled
Advanced Settings - Edit...

Ta.

Ok, try setting the Auto frame rate to 24/50/60 for starters.

I understand that your TV is 'only' 720p, but does it accept 1080p/24Hz? If so try setting the video mode to 1080p 23.976Hz and see what happens... Smooth as a baby's bum :smashin:

Auto frame rate is now set to 24/50/60 on the Dune.
Tried out puting at 1080p but it was worse.
There are no settings on the TV for excepting a 1080p signal!? or adjusting frame rates.
The film I'm testing this on is a 1080p MKV, I tried the 720p version but it's much the same.
I still have a stutter but it's different now, not better not worse.
Before it would just stutter when the camera pans, it still does that (but with a faster frequency) but now also on most scenes like a 'flicker'.

:confused:

I would suggest you try doing a full system reset and then set the Dune up again from scratch. I had judder issues with a TV101 I borrowed from Graham and the reset sorted it out.
Try setting it to 1080p/23.976 as even set to 24/50/60Hz it still needs to do some work on most BluRay's as the majority have a frame rate of 23.976fps. Also the TV should manage to downscale from 1080 to 720 fine as 1080 is a common HD format and the actual screen resolution is 768 so scaling will be done by the TV anyway.

The TV will not have any settings for resolution or frame rate - it just accepts what it is given and adjusts the incoming signal to suite the screen.

Mark.

Thanks Mark that seams to have done it.
Full reset including reboot and video set to 1080p 23.976fps, auto frame rate 24/50/60Hz.
There is a very slight 'shimmer' when panning on full vistars but I'll put that down to LCD TV's and me being picky :)

Thanks again.

According to this review your TV accepts a 1080/24 signal so should not judder on camera pans. Is your TV set to movie mode? If not try it and see if that solves the problem.

Edit - too late, seems you have solved it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom