Dump or revive in another way?

makem

Standard Member
Can anyone say whether I can make use of an old analogue Humax PVR?

It seems such a shame to dump it.

makem

Standard Member
Well it was my daughters and she told me it could not receive the new digital signals.

I don't know the model and when I phoned her she said they sold it a few days ago :(

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
The only analogue pvr I ever heard of was the Tivo (a hybrid device combining an analogue tuner with the capability to digitise the content like a DVD recorder). afaik Humax haven't ever made one, certainly not available in the UK. Basically a pvr will only work with a digital source.

Full list of Humax DVB-T terrestrial pvrs for the UK market.

8000T (single tuner)

All the following twin tuner

9200/9150/9300.

Any of the above should work just fine. I still use a 8000 and my 9200 is loaned to a friend.

Last edited:

creddish

Novice Member
Well it was my daughters and she told me it could not receive the new digital signals.

I don't know the model and when I phoned her she said they sold it a few days ago :(
Is it possible she meant that it could not receive the "new" HD (High Definition) digital signals as opposed the the Standard Definition digital signals?

Colin

makem

Standard Member
She would have meant whatever signal was being broadcast when she bought the equipment and in view of the change to digital, that it would no longer work.

makem

Standard Member
Well, thanks all, but it has now gone so I will never know.

Maybe sometime I will ask if she can remember the model - out of curiosity.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom