Dummy's Guide to Restoring Desire Needed

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Beancounter, Sep 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Beancounter

Beancounter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I bought an HTC Desire for my wife from here. I managed to get the phone upgraded to ICS but there are so many problems with this that I want to get it back to a working version.

Basically, some apps don't work and there are numerous warnings about "insufficient storage available" etc. This despite the fact the apps are loaded on a memory card with around 14gb left.

Googled for ways to get it back to a working version of Android but can't understand it. Can someone be kind enough to point me in the direction of a dummy's guide to going back to Honeycomb please? Preferably a way that doesn't risk bricking the phone too!:laugh:

2. _Sion

_Sion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Honeycomb was a tablet only version of android, it can cause many problems if used on a phone. I'd drop to Gingerbread if you want a stable pain-free operating system.

The memory shortage will be due to a shortage of internal memory not SD card space, you could try moving apps to the SD card but honestly I think the RAM is so small on the desire that I doubt it'd help much.

The easiest ROM to use is probably cyanogenmod as it is the most widely used and there is lots of help available.

HTC Desire (GSM): Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

They have a device specific forum board as well

HTC Desire GSM Stable Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

3. Beancounter

Beancounter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks for that, I will give it a go this weekend.:)