1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb subwoofer cable question in HIFI

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by mrdark8, Jul 18, 2005.

1. mrdark8

mrdark8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I realise this is probably a really daft question.

I used to use MJ Acoustic subwoofers.

Originally I used a high-level Neutrik Spekon connection and later moved to a low level RCA lead from one of my HIFI Amps pre-out sockets to both of the low level ins on the MJA's. I know the sub was acting in mono however needed to feed it both left and right channel signals from the pre-out stage and let it decide how to manage it all.

Can I use 2 x Mono Subwoofer Cables from my pre-out for a future subwoofer? I intend to use a new sub a little further away than my original sub placements and most interconnects are kept short for source to amp duties. Mono sub cables are available in many lengths. They are intended for LFE channels on A/V amps or Processors but surely would be fine if used as part of a pair in a HIFI Setup?

In a standard interconnect, both cables are identical (aren't they?) and so 2 mono's should carry each channel into the sub evenly, my reasoning here!

Thank you in anticipation *hanging head in shame*

PS I guess I can do this but need assurance please!

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Yes, this will work fine.

3. mrdark8

mrdark8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Crustyloafer,

I'll keep this short to avoid embaressment... thanks, I hoped that would be said.

One satisfied mrdark8!