1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb Screen / Centre speaker question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Noger, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Noger

Noger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This will sound very dumb ... but it is worrying me !

I am planning on getting one of the freestanding "pull up" screens, but can't really figure out where to put the centre speaker. ?

Thinking either to go for phantom centre (I have some very good AVI monitors which should be OK for this) but see this gets some bad comments in the speaker section.

OR have a sort of roaming centre that can sit in front of the screen ... which seems a bit of a pain.

Anyone have any other solutions ? Is maybe the "blackout" material on the bottom of the screen perforated ?

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think the bottom section is "perforated" on any pull-up screen. Then again.........

The centre channel is vitally important in home cinema - it carries practically all of the dialogue & "ties" the actors/voices to the screen. I wouldn't recommend going "phantom".

That leaves one solution......... a ceiling mounted screen (which obviously isn't suitable in your situation).

:smoke:

3. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Just place the centre speaker infront of the screen, as you say the bottom is black, won't be projected onto so the only problem is it getting in the way if you have to set-up/take down & clear the area for other use. My centre speaker sits on the Sub underneath the screen, not ideal but it works.

Paul

4. Noger

Noger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0