dukes of hazzard (2005)

oxygenuk

Ex Member
Reaction score
watched this the other day and wasnt expecting much from it going by half of the movies made nowadays.

but i was pretty pleased and quite enjoyed the title and reccomend it, dont be scared off by the thought of starsky n hutch movie (i know what most of you thought of that movie lol)

i give it 7.5/10 overall :smashin:

I can't bare to watch it as I'd be forever comparing it with the original which I prefer. My mate has seen it and he says the characters are all wrong compared to what they were all those years ago :(

It's a pair of legs and an engine note away from being utter tosh.

I love seann william scott films... bar evolution.
And knoxville... and always had a soft spot for Simpson (maybe not always that soft :devil: )
I read the reviews that gave it no chance, but went in expecting it be childish humour that would entertain me.
Unfortunately I found it dull as ditchwater. There was hardly anything funny in the film, on any level. Didnt really care what happened by the end of it.

To sum up, I would rather watch Starsky & Hutch for the 10001st time, than the Dukes for the 2nd.

oxygenuk said:
watched this the other day and wasnt expecting much from it going by half of the movies made nowadays.

but i was pretty pleased and quite enjoyed the title and reccomend it, dont be scared off by the thought of starsky n hutch movie (i know what most of you thought of that movie lol)

i give it 7.5/10 overall :smashin:

I agree with your comments & rating. It was as contemporary as you could hope to get without trying to directly emulate the 70's spirit of the original. I'm glad the character of Sheriff Roscoe wasn't a complete bumbling idiot, as in the tv series. Some traits of the original TV series would not have transferred well to the big screen. Burt Reynolds is still blazing his comeback trail playing a corrupt southern gentleman type. This film was far more enjoyable than the Strasky & Hutch remake. It may not have been drop dead hilarious, but it definitely amused me. Sean William Scott got most of the laughs in the movie.

smashed said:
I love seann william scott films... bar evolution.
And knoxville... and always had a soft spot for Simpson (maybe not always that soft :devil: )
I read the reviews that gave it no chance, but went in expecting it be childish humour that would entertain me.
Unfortunately I found it dull as ditchwater. There was hardly anything funny in the film, on any level. Didnt really care what happened by the end of it.

To sum up, I would rather watch Starsky & Hutch for the 10001st time, than the Dukes for the 2nd.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Sounds awfull. I wasnt up for seeing Dukes of Hazard anyway but ths coment of Starsky and Hutch being better has put me off for life. Cheers for the warning. :thumbsup:

I loved it :thumbsup: Although as a kid it was my joint fave show(along with Magnum P.I.) My only complaint about the film would be the casting of Jessica Simpson, someone sexier, more wholesome and less like a Barbie doll would've been better.

:rolleyes: I nearly needed clean trousers as I got excited when you saw the General just before they went to Atlanta :oops:

Never really liked Starsky and Hutch when I was a kid so I never bothered with the remake/update/whatever. But c'mon it had got Ben Stiller in it surely that's as much of a warning as having "A MICHAEL BAY FILM" in the poster credits for a film. I admit that BS(appropriate) is not the least funny man on the planet Jimmy "comedy vaccuum" Fallon takes that dubious honour.

Razor said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Sounds awfull. I wasnt up for seeing Dukes of Hazard anyway but ths coment of Starsky and Hutch being better has put me off for life. Cheers for the warning. :thumbsup:

Alexander?

Easily the worst film I've seen this year (thank God I didn't have to pay! :devil: ).

And yes, it is far worse than Starsky and Hutch! :thumbsdow

I quiet liked Michael Bays 'The Island' and 'Armagedon'. :rolleyes:

Alexander was ok too. :smashin: I know Gary cant stop talking about it. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom