Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

Flashy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to love this on the PC and bought last night after a) seeing it and b) as it’s on offer. Only cost me a quid thanks to points.

It’s just as good as I remember. Shame expansion packs are missing but the memories came flooding back. Always preferred it to Doom, which always seemed too serious by comparison.

The cheat menu is there and you can choose between original and redone graphics and voice acting. Nintendolife full of praise: Review: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - A Timeless FPS Classic Comes To Switch

Only issue is that, like all older games, they’re either far harder than I remember or I’ve got much worse at playing.

Bought this on Wednesday. Scary how I can remember every nook and cranny. Sign of a misspent youth.

This is an utter bargain for 4 quid. What a great game, and a really nice port. Agree that it's much more difficult than I remember, and I've been leaning on the time rewind function a lot.

This is an utter bargain for 4 quid. What a great game, and a really nice port. Agree that it's much more difficult than I remember, and I've been leaning on the time rewind function a lot.
Lots of rewind here, too.

Disappointingly, on completing the third or fourth level I’ve had a “This software needs to close because of an error” message. Hadn’t saved for ages (over-reliance on rewind?) so probably have to do the whole level again. Haven’t had that error in goodness knows how many hundreds of hours on other games.

I've just bought this as well, for 2 quid as had some gold points. Absolutely love it! I think it was easier back in the day due to the mouse. Can't get on with the gyro aiming. Will be giving online a bash at some point!

Has anyone managed to get a game online yet? I'm struggling!
Haven’t even tried. I’m too busy being stuck on The Abyss and going round in circles trying to work out where to go. Even tried turning off clipping and cheating but got nowhere.

Just finished the last level. After using the clip, all keys and all weapons cheats. But didn’t use cheats for the rest of it. Well, except for all weapons 99 per cent of the time. But I didn’t use any on the first level, honest.

Fun little game for a couple of quid and as much fun as I remember. Don’t think I’ll need to return to it for another 20-odd years now though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom