1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duf DVD Drive?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Steve Bate, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Any ideas on the following, ~DVD drive in PC moved from 1 PC to another now does not read disks. It shows as working in device properties it senses the difference between CD's and DVD's when one is inserted but it will not read anything? I've pulled it out again and rechecked cabling, all ok, the disk spins up but does not see anything at all. I'm now stumped :confused:

Oh if it makes a diff donor PC was XP SP1 and new PC is SP2

Steve

2. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    try going into deviice manager and uninstalling the IDE/APAPI controllers if you know if it's on Pri or Slave IDE and restart.

I've had problems with a CD burner and DVD burner in the past and it cured both.

3. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Tried that, still no joy :(

Steve

4. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    It's a long shot and you may have already done it. XP doesn't seem to install ASPI drivers. Nero's infotool will show it. You could download the FORCEASPI drivers, install them and try it. I now do this on all the PC's I build for people. sometime it works, sometimes not. Of course there's always the poss the drives now bust.