1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Due to blown driver need new speakers.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by darkness1, Jul 22, 2005.

1. darkness1

darkness1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, i'm now in the market for a pair of new/second hand speakers to go with my system due to one of my mission 780's blowing a driver.

Currently i'm running the 780's as fronts, Kef Q6 ctr Qcompact rears and psw2500 sub.
    All driven of a yam A2 and Toshiba SD9500.

Now i've thought about getting another pair of missions. However i did intend to use the fronts
    for music with the SD9500 and mabe buy a primare A30.1 amp a year down the line.

Question is any ideas what bookshelf speakers will be a good replacement for the missions?
    Plus ideas on future upgrade to demo to see the difference?

2. fordster

fordster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you contacted Mission directly as they can probably supply you a new driver? If you're happy with the speakers in general then this is probably you're cheapest option. The service from their parts team is excellent.

3. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd second trying to repair them. I blew both the drivers on a set of b&w's at a party and replacing them was an easy 15 minute job - not too expensive either.

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Kef Q1's. I prefered them (slightly) to the Missions when demoed and they will match your centre and rears perfectly. :)

Alternatively look further up the Kef scale for a pair of front speakers.