Due an upgrade with Orange

pumbaa

Established Member
Reaction score
So, found out today (after visiting P4U with my wife's broken G600) that I'm eligible for an upgrade - I thought I had 2 months to run, but hey ho. Currently have a Viewty on Orange Dolphin 35 (500 mins, Unlimited texts) for £35 p/m.

So, basically, what can I get for the same per month? I don't really want to move from Orange as I used Magic Number a lot to speak with the missus. Don't want to spend any more p/m - less would be preferable. Don't mind touch screen as I'm now used to the Viewty, but that bloody stylus is a pain. Not bothered about mobile internet, but would be useful. Decent camera functionality would be a bonus. And I don't want a Nokia 5800, as the missus has just ot one to replace her G600. Jeez, thats a whole bunch of requirements, sorry folks :eek:

That's a lot of things you don't want... but not a lot you do want. What are the main priorities for your new phone? What do you like about the Viewty that you'd like to keep perhaps?

Well I recently got a NEW contract with Orange...

Nokia E71
600 minutes
Unlimited text
Unlimited internet

£25/month for 18 months.

This was as a new customer, you will probably have loyalty points or something similair, im sure you can get that for £20 a month. Another member on the board who told me about the deal got it (for £20/month since he was already a customer), so I enquired about it but had to pay the extra £5 a month since im a new customer, but im still happy.

Well I recently got a NEW contract with Orange...

Nokia E71
600 minutes
Unlimited text
Unlimited internet

£25/month for 18 months.

This was as a new customer, you will probably have loyalty points or something similair, im sure you can get that for £20 a month. Another member on the board who told me about the deal got it (for £20/month since he was already a customer), so I enquired about it but had to pay the extra £5 a month since im a new customer, but im still happy.

Hmm, interesting. Just been reading about the E71, and it sounds like most owners have positive feedback. Did you ring Orange to get that deal, or use one of their shops?

WRT the Viewty, I've got used to it over the last year or so. I like the screen, camera is OK but not brilliant (but who cares with a DSLR), but I have problems uploading music to it and really don't like the way the stylus is 'attached'. Minor quirks really I guess.

I like the look of the Tocco Ultra, but doubt Orange will give me a good deal on that, plus some of the feedback has been ropey.

To get that deal, I had to call and bargain with the manager. There is no way you would get it in store, as a new customer anyway.

When I upgraded my phone with Orange last year, the Orange shop wanted a crazy price for the SE c902. I called Orange and they quoted the same price:(
I then went into Phones4U just to see what they would charge( I didn't want to change contracts as I get my home broadband included) and they said I could have the upgrade for free:thumbsup:
Another bonus was that the phone was un-branded.
Apparently the Orange shops are not allowed to discount their phones. The lesson here is that you will get a better deal from an independant phone seller.

Definately worth doing the whole ask for PAC code then speak to the rentensions team.

My wife account has been with orange for a number of years and as we don't change phones that often we have no issue with going on a 18 or even 24 month contract.

After 2-3 calls we ended up with the following

Nokia 5800 (we paid £10 for this) on a 24 month contract
800 mins
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Internet

£15 per month

That to me was a bargain. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom