• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dude, where's my car?

Dom996

Here is a game to play when you're bored at work or otherwise.
Download Google Earth if you don't already have it and see if you can find your car, or your previous one as you can never be sure how old the imagery is.

A guy I work with found his car straight away outside his house. I can't find any of the cars that I have owned for the past 4 years. I have looked in various haunts, work, places I've lived. Maybe I was shopping that day. :rotfl:

Sporran

umm what happens if the car outside your house aint yours and it aint hers :devil:

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
This is a pretty good game :D I can find my wife's but can't find mine anywhere and I've looked in about 20 different places :( i've come to the conclusion that, on the day the pics were took, i was in a multi storey car park and therefore will never find it :thumbsdow

Nimby

Distinguished Member
Oh for the luxury of Google Earth actually showing enough detail to tell where the forests and mountain ranges are. At the moment it's hard to tell where the sea starts and the land stops. Virtual Earth is much better but must have had seagull poo on the lens for all the good it is. Hello? Wales calling Earth! :devil:

Woodywizz

Distinguished Member
This is a pretty good game :D I can find my wife's but can't find mine anywhere and I've looked in about 20 different places :( i've come to the conclusion that, on the day the pics were took, i was in a multi storey car park and therefore will never find it :thumbsdow

Have you tried outside "Long Legs"??? :thumbsup:

Silver Arrow

umm what happens if the car outside your house aint yours and it aint hers :devil:

Then it is probablyyour 'kin neighbours car... Using your drive while you are both away at work:mad:

Wild Weasel

Distinguished Member
I can see mine OK. It's parked on the road outside the house because I had a skip on the drive at the time. That dates the photo to two years ago. :)

Getgaff

Some images due to intensive investigation definitely date back to 2003/4.
The wife and I have narrowed Google Earth's images for Chelmsford down to late afternoon/early evening on a Sunday in Aug/Sept 2006.

F1Fan72

I found my back garden, Would be interesting to find out when the images where shot

Getgaff

The wife and I have narrowed Google Earth's images for Chelmsford down to late afternoon/early evening on a Sunday in Aug/Sept 2006.
Wow. What kind of evidence did you base that on?
Easy... :)

Day: Works car park is empty, suggesting either an early weekday evening or a weekend. However, the local 24hr supermarket car park is also empty, which suggests it's a Sunday.

Time: Long-ish shadows point to either early morning or late afternoon, but the amount of traffic on the roads strongly suggest afternoon.

Month: The wife's employer had picnic tables installed in the late summer of 2006 and these can be seen in the images. Couple that to other building works and we narrow the month down to Aug/Sept.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom