Dublin Murders (BBC One) October 14, 2019

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dublin Murders Teaser Gives a First Look at the Crime Series

Starz has debuted the Dublin Murders teaser, giving you a first look at the eight-episode series adapted from Tana French’s first two novels in the “Dublin Murder Squad” crime series, In the Woods and The Likeness. Premiering this fall, Dublin Murders is an atmospheric, psychological thriller brought to life by acclaimed series creator and writer Sarah Phelps (Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None, J.K. Rowling’s The Casual Vacancy).

Killian Scott (C.B. Strike) and Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful) lead the cast as detectives Rob Reilly and Cassie Maddox. The predominantly Irish cast includes Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Avengers: Infinity War) as Frank supported by Moe Dunford (Vikings) as Sam, Leah McNamara (Vikings) as Rosalind, Ian Kenny (Solo: A Star Wars Story) as Phelan, Eugene O’Hare (The Fall) as Quigley, Jonny Holden (Women on the Verge) as Damien, Conleth Hill (Game of Thrones) as O Kelly and Peter McDonald (The Last Kingdom) as Jonathan.

Dublin Murders depicts a contemporary world of psychological mystery and tension, with roots that reach down deep within Ireland’s past. The lead director of the eight-part series is Saul Dibb supported by John Hayes and Rebecca Gatward. Dublin Murders is produced by Euston Films, Veritas Entertainment Group and Element Pictures (Room and The Lobster) and executive produced by Sarah Phelps and Saul Dibb, Kate Harwood and Noemi Spanos for Euston Films, Alan Gasmer and Peter Jaysen for Veritas Entertainment Group, Ed Guiney for Element Pictures, and Elizabeth Kilgarriff for the BBC.

When a young girl is found murdered in a dense wood on the outskirts of Dublin, Rob Reilly (Killian Scott) – a smart-suited detective whose English accent marks him as an outsider – is dispatched to investigate with his partner, Cassie Maddox (Sarah Greene). Against his better judgment and protected by his friendship with Cassie, he is pulled back into another case of missing children and forced to confront his own darkness. As the case intensifies, Rob and Cassie’s relationship is tested to the breaking point and when Cassie is sent undercover for another murder case, she is forced to come face to face with her own brutal reckoning.

Last edited:
Nidge & Tommy from Love/Hate back together! Shame that didn't continue as was excellent.

Looking forward to this.

Exclusive: First-look images for BBC crime drama Dublin Murders

DM_103_SH_081118_0186-e04a4df.jpeg

DM_Setups_Sept11_00148-ed3d3c0.jpeg

DMS1_104_022019_0269-8e33c3e.jpeg

DM_Sept-3_00744-0fff956.jpeg

DM_Sept-3_00714-63af521.jpeg

So BBC in UK and Starz everywhere else?

RTE for ireland

from wiki
Commissioned by British public service broadcaster BBC for BBC One, and Starz, with Irish public service broadcaster RTÉ later joining the project. Produced by Euston Films, a part of the Fremantle Media group, FremantleMedia International handles international rights.

The first season, of eight episodes, was also acquired by Starz for airing in the US and Canada, while StarzPlay holds broadcasting rights for Germany, France, Italy and Spain.

The series will debut on RTÉ One and BBC One in late 2019, with season 1 adapting the first two books in French's series, In the Woods and The Likeness.

the series will premiere in the United States on November 10, 2019 on Starz

Start date BBC One - Monday 14 October, 9pm, episode two on Tuesday 15 October

Last edited:
Watched the first episode, wasn't bad but didn't leave me desperate for more which the best murder-mystery stories seem to be capable of achieving. Lots of influences evident from the grim, disturbing and brilliant Red Riding to True Detective S1. Also got a hint of Picnic at Hanging Rock with some of the flashback scenes. Could take it or leave it at this point. Probably check episode 2 out when I've got nothing else to watch.

Maybe a bit too much style over substance at certain points.

I do not think it was style over substance. I just thought it was a slog and six more episodes to go.

Yeah perhaps I'm being a touch unfair in citing the lazy 'style over substance' criticism since we haven't seen how it all plays out.

I enjoyed the second episode a lot more than the first. Seemed some substantial than the opener, more to get your teeth into. Opening episodes of crime thrillers can be difficult to navigate - lots of exposition, setting up potential perpetrators and red herrings, etc. I have to admit that I'm a little confused by some of the names bandied about the two detectives in reference to past relationships and crimes.

Yeah enjoying this so far, it is a lot to get your brain around when it comes to the various people and who they were when they were younger in relation to the 1985 stuff, and who they are or aren't related to.

Near Dublin Murders probably didn't sound as compelling.
I actually liked the first episode more than the second that introduced the alias and had me going, oh *** not another unrealistic twist of contrivance with 'The Services' or, whomever that's going to let her get her jollies until they've had enough of a risk of exposure. Either way; we know nothing happens to her, as the opening scene suggests we've seen the closer...
Conleth is grand as the trope-ridden boss and offers some light relief - albeit heavy in texture.
The shorthand between them is good though and I'll stay with it and trust it doesn't go too far up its own arse.

Well, episode 3 felt like two steps back and a lazy one forward. Blue tracksuit man is real (really!) and the whole oddness that is the Lexie story dropped in a way that raised both my fear for this and eyebrow. Am I alone in wanting to slap the mother like some Harry Enfield sketch of, Women, know your place?!

Watched all six episodes so far but don't know why, it's a real slog.

It's another example of the BBC stretching something which could have been very good into too many episodes just to fill the schedule.

Finished this, found myself liking it more and more and actually wanting another series. It's kind of open to it with Adam doing a new gig in bumf*** wherever, so who knows.
Whereas in Broadchurch, I started hating so many of the characters.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom