1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dubbing on XS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AVFan7667, Dec 12, 2004.

1. AVFan7667

AVFan7667
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my XS32 for less than a week and am still getting to grips with everything it does.

A couple of questions I can't seem to find in the manual (though it's not the easiest manual to find things in!) that I thought you very knowledgeable people might know the answers to.

If I record to HDD in a fairly high bitrate, I have to do a Rate Conversion Dub to fit it on one disc when I want to burn it. I tried to do one of these tonight, and although it seemed to work (I cancelled it before it finished) it was in real-time - is this correct? If I want to rate-conversion dub a 4-hour title do I really have to wait 4 hours for it to finish?

Also, when dubbing to DVD-RW, if the title doesn't fit on the disc, is it possible to have it automatically spread it over multiple discs without first rate-conversion dubbing it to fit on one?

Thanks

2. Mechman

Mechman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    No. You can create a playlist which splits your title in half, then dub the first half on one disc and the second half on the other.

Mark

4. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As each recording can have a different record quality setting what I do is record stuff from the internal tuner that is not for archiving at about 4.6 and do Sky+ copy at 6.6. If I am copying from Sky+ and I know I will take out the ads and then put onto a DVD I set the quality at the right level for the final edit to fit on a disk. It becomes quite easy to do as you get used to it. I have had my Tosh for 5 months now and it is second nature.

A useful feature that you may not have discovered is the "auto power off". In most time consuming activities, e.g. 4hr long rate convert, 6hr long Copy from Sky+, you press "quick menu" and then set to auto power off when done. I picked it up in use rather than from the manual.

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Quick menu...where would you be without it :D

6. kocl

kocl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, i have a problem with dvd-r created with toshiba, Why does the menu key doesn0t work only the top menu?