Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dubbing card to DV in camcorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Ronm, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Ronm

Ronm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am hoping to upgrade my video and photo cameras and hope to buy either the Panasonic NVGS400 and the DMCF7BC photo camera, or go for the Sony DCR-HC1000 and the DSC-P150 photo camera.

My question is can the cards from the photo cameras by fitted into the respective video cameras and the photos copied onto the tape thus producing better quality still images interlaced between panning shots of scenery, etc.

Thanks to anyone who can help with advice.

Ron
    :thumbsup:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    Well I've never seen anyone trying to do this before and AFAIK the photos on a memory card can not be copied to the tape. If this effect is required then you will be better off doing the editing on a PC/Mac. This way you will have full control over the editing and loads more options.

Mark.

3. Ronm

Ronm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Mark but the reason why I want to do this is whilst I am on holiday and do not have access to my computer

Ron