Dubai stopover time question

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question.

My dad is travelling to Pakistan in a few weeks and going on Emirates via Dubai. On the way he has a 15 hour stopover.

Anyone know what he is entitled to? Stuff like free meal or hotel?

We recently travelled to Saudi via Qatar and got a free meal for a 7 hour stopover.

It all depends on how long his stop over is, normally around 3-8 hours they dont even consider a room. Anything above 9 hours and you can argue your case. Dad being old and all that.

The only reason there was a free stopover a few years ago, they were rebuilding the pakistani military runway ( islamabad airport 2nd runway) and both military and domestics were using runway 1 hence the need to slow traffic down and the extra time needed hence the extra day at Dubai.

I think its an extra £50 a night for the 3 star and £110 for the 5 star may be worth haggleing with the airline direct. I suggest you ring manchester ticket office in manchester and if i'm not mistaken there is a gent called "Kitt" no not Knights car :p he may help. He seems like a cool dude and maybe pull a few strings.

The free meal i dont think will be an issue free hotel=free breakfast. The 3 star wont let you use their pool :( but the 5 star does ( well worth the money)

The stop is 15 hours. Have a relative who had a 24 hour stop before so all his hotel was free!

I had a 13 hour stop over in Oman. Flying by Oman airways, and they provided a hotel in the centre of Muscat. gave me the opportunity to see the city and do some shopping!

I remember having lengthy stop-overs in Dubai and not being accomodated in a hotel....it was basically find an empty row of chairs and bunk down!

I would call your flight carrier and arrange it beforehand!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom