DualSense Trigger (R2) Quality Issue

After 1hr 20 on hold at Sony I got through. Sony said to return it for a fix or replacement and she said Very expect you to send the whole lot back to get a refund.
Not sure if this is right but anyway I’m just sending it back for repair and buying future controllers from Amazon
If it was the controller with the console then that is probably correct as that's what amazon wanted me to do with mine. I.e send the console and controller back. Obviously if you have a 2nd controller then you should be able to get a replacement from the retailer who sold it.

If it was the controller with the console then that is probably correct as that's what amazon wanted me to do with mine. I.e send the console and controller back. Obviously if you have a 2nd controller then you should be able to get a replacement from the retailer who sold it.
All he has to do is buy another controller off amazon, wait a couple of weeks and then send 'it' back.

Well my 2nd controller has just gone on the r2 button. Gotta wait for cex to open before I can take it back. Thank god I have a 2nd controller, this is going to be a right pain in the arse if you have to keep returning them every couple of months.

I've had to swap my controller three times due to stick drift. Never had this problem with my Dualshock 4.

I've had to swap my controller three times due to stick drift. Never had this problem with my Dualshock 4.
I have been playing warzone this evening and have had my right stick drift numerous times, never noticed it in any other game. Can't stand wz so probably won't be playing it again.

stick drift will continue to be a problem as they use the same analogue sticks as the dual shock 4 xbox one controller series x controller elite controllers all use the same analogue sticks

Was having issues with sticky l3 tore it apart its really easy probably better than ds4 cleaned the joysticks with alcohol and a dab of wd40. Did the same method countless times on mine and sons ds4s

Thanks for all the info from all you guys. I received the PS5 Console last Thursday and the controller has had an issue with the L2 button being pressed, it isn't as resistant as R2. I contacted Sony (100 minutes on hold) and arranged a return, the guy sent a prepaid label via email for the post office. I don't have a printer so i asked if i can scan the qr code at the post office and they can print it, he said yes. I got to the post office and you can't print it lol. I called Sony again this morning (only took 30 minutes) and they are going to send prepaid labels out within 7 days.

Hi all,

Well, it took me 55mins to get through to Sony, the guy admitted they have been inundated with controller issues and coil whine.

I have 2 controllers, the 1st one the left analog stick is drifting randomly?
The 2nd controller last 2weeks has started to become laggy and started to grind to a halt like the battery was running out even though plenty of juice left in it. Only happens after a couple of hours of usage, so Sony has agreed for me to send one back to 1st, if faulty they will replace it for me. Then will address the other one as well in due course.

Then the High Pitch coil whine I've started to get last month or so, Sony's stance is that its a characteristic apparently.
Interestingly while I was on the phone with Sony I was on a live chat with Amazon and they were happy to give me a full refund after just a few minutes no questions asked for the complete PS5 package I bought from them in November.
However normally that would be a perfect result, but unfortunately I can't buy replacement and Amazon can't supply one either.

Hi all,

Well, it took me 55mins to get through to Sony, the guy admitted they have been inundated with controller issues and coil whine.

I have 2 controllers, the 1st one the left analog stick is drifting randomly?
The 2nd controller last 2weeks has started to become laggy and started to grind to a halt like the battery was running out even though plenty of juice left in it. Only happens after a couple of hours of usage, so Sony has agreed for me to send one back to 1st, if faulty they will replace it for me. Then will address the other one as well in due course.

Then the High Pitch coil whine I've started to get last month or so, Sony's stance is that its a characteristic apparently.
Interestingly while I was on the phone with Sony I was on a live chat with Amazon and they were happy to give me a full refund after just a few minutes no questions asked for the complete PS5 package I bought from them in November.
However normally that would be a perfect result, but unfortunately I can't buy replacement and Amazon can't supply one either.

I presume amazon wanted the ps5 back?

I presume amazon wanted the ps5 back?
Yep if they said I can keep it and get full refund then that would have of been a stellar result.

Controllers are drifting hopefully Sony can sort it controller firmwares

they never changed the analogues in the dualshock 4 so they used the same ones in the dual sense.

Last edited:
the never changed the analogues in the dualshock 4 so they used the same ones in the dual sense.

I've had to buy a DS4, just to play my PS4 back catalogue due to my concern over the weak arse DualSense.

I have no enthusiasm for going through the return process again.

DS4 feels bullet proof in comparison.

I've had to buy a DS4, just to play my PS4 back catalogue due to my concern over the weak arse DualSense.

I have no enthusiasm for going through the return process again.

DS4 feels bullet proof in comparison.

Was thinking I may have to do the same thing

Dualshock 4 uses the same parts so your not really gaining anything apart from the perception of a more reliable controller

Dualshock 4 uses the same parts so your not really gaining anything apart from the perception of a more reliable controller

The r and l triggers are certainly more reliable on the ds4

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom