Dualsense adaptive trigger broken

lee667

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've just noticed that the R button on my controller doesn't have the same resistence as the L2 button and there's something rattling around inside.

Anyone else had the same issue? I have seen some reports of it happening, the r2 button still works but isn't as stiff, oh er.

Just downloading astro again to check as I'm guessing I'll have to get in touch with Sony. Balls.

Spoke to Sony who have sent me labels to return it and a new one sent out. I loaded up astro and even though the adaptive trigger still worked it was noticeably less resistant to the L2 button. Now I've got to go and get a 2nd controller in the mean time, which luckily I was going to do anyway.

I had the same problem (and I've seen others have too) - unfortunately it would seem it's a probably with the adaptive trigger! Mine stopped working completely - thankfully GAME swapped it in person (about the only good thing they've done this year).

Glad you got it sorted :)

Spoke to Sony who have sent me labels to return it and a new one sent out. I loaded up astro and even though the adaptive trigger still worked it was noticeably less resistant to the L2 button. Now I've got to go and get a 2nd controller in the mean time, which luckily I was going to do anyway.
What method of contact did you use with Sony to get labels sent out to you?
My youngest has 2 broken controllers, R2 on one and L2 on the other. Big issue apparently going by the amount of evidence on the net.

What method of contact did you use with Sony to get labels sent out to you?
My youngest has 2 broken controllers, R2 on one and L2 on the other. Big issue apparently going by the amount of evidence on the net.

I rang 0203 441 3013. It did take an hour and a half to sort though as was on hold for most of it

One of my controllers has gone. L2, the resistance is now like 50% less then normal.

Adaptive still works (tried on astro) is there anyway to contact other then phone line?

Same here - thankfully I ordered my spare from amazon and they've refunded me and I bought another controller. Worrying that there have been so many failures to be honest.

One of my controllers has gone. L2, the resistance is now like 50% less then normal.

Adaptive still works (tried on astro) is there anyway to contact other then phone line?

I don't think so. If it's a second controller then you might be able to contact the seller and get a refund or replacement.

If it's the only 1 that came with the console then best bet is to ring Sony so they have arrange a return and replace.

I don't think so. If it's a second controller then you might be able to contact the seller and get a refund or replacement.

If it's the only 1 that came with the console then best bet is to ring Sony so they have arrange a return and replace.

yeah it's a second controller. Got my Ps5 and extra controller form EE so might see what they have to say first. They'll just tell me to get intouch withSony i'd have thought though.

With mine I was playing ghost of tsushima and noticed when using the bow that the r2 button was looser than the L2 button. I reinstalled astro's playroom to test the adaptive triggers, the r2 still worked but the resistance was not the same as the L2 button, it didn't need as much force to use.

yeah it's a second controller. Got my Ps5 and extra controller form EE so might see what they have to say first. They'll just tell me to get intouch withSony i'd have thought though.

Yeah they might, or they may refund you so you can order another 1. To be honest it was straightforward with Sony. Mines been received and is on the way to the service place before I get my replacement.

Yeah they might, or they may refund you so you can order another 1. To be honest it was straightforward with Sony. Mines been received and is on the way to the service place before I get my replacement.
How long was the turnaround time for your repair/replacement? Mine has gone this evening and I wasn't planning on buying a second controller but really don't fancy being without it for weeks!

How long was the turnaround time for your repair/replacement? Mine has gone this evening and I wasn't planning on buying a second controller but really don't fancy being without it for weeks!
It's been 3 weeks and I'm still waiting. Should have my new one by next week so you're probably looking at 4 weeks or so turnaround.

It's been 3 weeks and I'm still waiting. Should have my new one by next week so you're probably looking at 4 weeks or so turnaround.
Cheers for coming back to me. Turns out my sister picked mine up from Smyths so I contacted them this morning and took it down at lunch time where they swapped it, no questions asked. Pretty fortunate as I really don't need a second controller!

Same here - thankfully I ordered my spare from amazon and they've refunded me and I bought another controller. Worrying that there have been so many failures to be honest.

Yeah, mine just went yesterday.

Thankfully I also ordered a spare from Amazon and replacement is straightforward.

well rather then sending my controller back to Sony, i fixed the broken spring myself. All in all a fairly easy job and very happy i did it myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom