Duals. 1 x PB3000 vs 2 x PB1000 pro

I'm just jealous because I've yet to be able to split my two subs up and put them in different locations instead of putting them next to each other or stacked :D lol

Although I'm finding nearfield behind the sofa does give some nice tactile effects ;)

I guess part of the aim is to not have the bass sound like it’s coming from the sub. It has to sound like it’s part of the whole soundtrack and emanating from the direction of the sound and not like a seperate entity.
That's the magic of a well integrated system.

I'm just jealous because I've yet to be able to split my two subs up and put them in different locations instead of putting them next to each other or stacked :D lol

Although I'm finding nearfield behind the sofa does give some nice tactile effects ;)

Trust me, sacrifices had to be made! :D

Duals everyday. I'd love to do triple or quadruple tbh. 2x VNF subs, 2x at the front.

Say, what??? What gives with the pricing?
As said, these were refurbished stock plus AVO had a coupon promotion which brought the price down. Also prices were different then as the PB-3000's RRP was £1549 and routinely discounted by >10%. I bought a new (ungraded stock) pair for £2400 in March 2021 so that AVO refurb. price is only 9% less than what I paid at the time.

Still 9% less and you had to buy 2. Why were prices so different then? Do they use the chips that there is a shortage for?
AV don’t really do any promotions any more do they? A few times I’ve phoned them and they didn’t budge on prices, price matching, forum membership Discounts etc.

Still 9% less and you had to buy 2. Why were prices so different then? Do they use the chips that there is a shortage for?
AV don’t really do any promotions any more do they? A few times I’ve phoned them and they didn’t budge on prices, price matching, forum membership Discounts etc.
I didn't have to buy two and IMO 9% is a very small discount for a graded product.

Anyway, the price rise was apparently driven by the massive spike in global shipping costs - these things are huge and come from China.

What’s concerning is that we've now lost Monoprice in Europe which I was hoping would help keep SVS prices in check.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom