Dualfront centre

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GrahamC, Jul 22, 2001.

1. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hi all,

Could anybody name a receiver that can drive dual front centre cahannel (old Yamahas could) or advice how to split the chanel because I wish to position a speaker either side of my screen.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to do exactly the same except one abpvr and one below my set, i found it to give a far more cohesive spread of sound when used with my very large floorstanders (150cm) as well as being a more "relaxed" effort.
    To wit, either use the center pre-out via a single to two phono adapter to drive both channels of a stereo (or multi-channel) power amp,
    or if your amp/receiver etc is up to the job simply connect both center's in series (or parallel if the center's are 8 ohms and the amp is man enough - THX Ultra or above),
    or connect both speakers (series/parallel) to a mono-block power amp fed via center pre-out.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    A THX engineer once recommended me to use dual centres. Everyone else said they would cancel each other out. Never did bottom this one out.

Anyone any ideas?

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cancel each other out my arse! i have found using two centers to be simply "better". It lends a far "greater scale" to things especially (as stated above) when using very large floor standers, to wit you have main left and right containing several large drivers and the na single center with a pair of 4" and a 1" for vocal duties? I have found that when using one above and below my t.v the obviousness of sound moving from one large enclosure to a small one is masked somewhat, just MHO of course.