• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dual Zone Amplifier

Sneepjosh

Standard Member
Hi All,

I am looking for a single amplifier (ideally) to power 8 speakers.

4 speakers will be - Atrium8 SDI - Outdoor | Polk Audio®
4 speakers will be - Minx Min 21 Speaker for Home Theatre Surround Sound System

As they both will both have different power requirements, I would like the volume for each zone to be individually controlled.

The input needs to be mono. The amp ideally needs to also support banana plugs.

Can you suggest anything? I may have to end up choosing two different amps, which I would not like to do.

Quality is not a major concern as it will not be for home use.

Any help would be appreciated!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
That is a lot of speakers to power from one amp. Teac do a 2 zone stereo amp (the 980) but I would not want to run 4 pairs of speakers from it.
What source will you be using with the amp? Will you have the speakers as 2 stereo pairs in the same area or in different rooms for each pair?
I think you are probably looking at multichannel power amps to do this properly but they will not be cheap. What is your budget?

Sneepjosh

Standard Member
Thanks for your advice. I think the product 'multichannel power amp' is what I am looking for.

I found this product, which might be a bit overkill, but I will speak to the supplier and see if they have a cheaper product along the same lines. Apart PA 8250 8-channel amplifier

The source will likely be RCA. There is not hard budget, just whatever meets the requirements at the most reasonable price.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom