Dual Sweetspot DVB - No Signal

richbourne

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've installed 2 sweetspot cards in my MCE 2005 box. They were both recognized my windows OK. Even media centre sees them both.

However, I can only get a signal on one of them. When I change to the other I get "no signal".

Has anyone else had this?

Cheers

Hmmm...I suppose I should've been a little more explicit there...

1) I have an aerial plugged into both with a passive splitter.

2) I'm using the 5.17 drivers.

3) If hit "record" while watching one channel and then switch to the other, I get "no signal"

4) If I remove the splitter and plug the aerial into one card, I get signal. If I plug this into the other card I get nothing.

Thanks,
Rich

Passive splitters are bad. You get half the signal to each.

Also, I'm still not clear on how you "switch to the other".

If you are say watching BBC1 and press record, presumably you then get the no signal message?

You say MC sees them both, was this when you ran setup? If so, did you select use both? ISTR that the default is use one!

DaveP said:
Passive splitters are bad. You get half the signal to each.

Also, I'm still not clear on how you "switch to the other".

If you are say watching BBC1 and press record, presumably you then get the no signal message?

You say MC sees them both, was this when you ran setup? If so, did you select use both? ISTR that the default is use one!

Hi Dave,

When I say "switch to the other" I mean: I'm watching BBC1. I hit record and it starts recording. Then I change the channel using the remote.

Media centre saw them both at setup - ie: it asked me if I wanted to use 1 tuner or 2. I selected 2.

Even without the splitter, one card gets signal while the other does not if I switch the cable over.

Maybe the card is busted. I'll try the BlackGold signal testing app tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom