• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Dual Sub placement

One more thing

My room is 4 x 4.5m. Does anyone know what would be a good starting point to try dual sub positions? Is in the alcoves a good place?

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 10.22.17.png

fatboy frank

Distinguished Member
Looking at your layout I'd maybe suggest front left and right positions in the corners but assume the door front right will prevent that ? So I'd go inside of your L & R front speakers equidistant if possible. Failing that, maybe front left and diagonally opposite (rear right) if that's possible?

One more thing

Thanks, will give that a try. As I have ARC on anthem do you think I could put them in more conveniant positions and let ARC adjust? I am I right in thinking where there is a null the EQ wont do anything to rectify?

fatboy frank

Distinguished Member
To be honest I have never had an Anthem so not really in a position to comment on how ARC will work, might be worth asking in the Anthem thread/forum ? Usually having dual subs helps with nulls as one sub fills in the other ....... if that makes sense?

Not sure what you mean by more convenient position (as per your diagram) ?
Where is your AVR located, usually try to limit cable run as much as possible and if at all possible I try to avoid EQ'ing to death, better placement and treatment is preferable ...... but not always possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom