Dual Stacked SB3000's

No, not at all, I only suggested those for this thread. I would take a loan of something else to compare.
I‘ve got no problem with storage here and swapping Subs over is very easy for me to do.

I don’t think I’ve got anything you haven’t already had or would be interested in:
Velodyne DD15 (non plus) x 1
PSA S3000 x 2
PSA S1500 x 2

I havn’t heard the Velodyne. Two of those would have been good and I have to say the + version would be at the top of my list if it wasn’t for the price. Either DD12+ or DD15+
I havn’t actually heard the S3000 either. But I think there’s something about dual opposed that doesn’t seem right in here, may be the orientation and config, I don’t know.
I have had S1510’s and yep they are very good.

What I would actually love to have done is organise an event here. I would have tried to get other Subs here and invite others to bring their own Subs. Have the event over one day or even two days and just have some fun with it. But due to the ongoing restrictions it’s unlikely to happen anytime soon.

The pluses look awesome. Due to the amp and the Xmax they’re supposed to perform like the higher non-plus version. So a DD12+ performs the same as a DD15; DD15+ like a DD18. I’d love them too, but yeah, that price. If I sold ALL my subs I could get a DD15+.

That would be an awesome event, I’d definitely go and bring a few subs. I’d help with the set-up/EQ as well, if that would be useful.

Maybe next summer if we’re allowed outside again by then.

Your help on the day would be a definite bonus.

I think it would be a good day/couple of days tbf and it would be easy to swap stuff out each time. I’ve got plenty of space here so easy to do and accommodate.

For me, I think I’d opt for the DD12/15+, I think they’d work really well in here.

Last edited:
Oh god that would be awesome. Imagine everyone grinning ear to ear when one sub totally destroys the room.

I took it off as I won’t be doing it. I can send to anyone that wants it though.

please do.

OK, I've put a couple of pics back up. I can do one with the grilles on if you'd like to see them that way.

4 of them would look stunning. Very close to your screen though so hows the seating position view with them like that?

No issues with the view and the screen, I just had to raise it approx 3cm or so.

No issues with the view and the screen, I just had to raise it approx 3cm or so.
im sure my wife said that to me the other day.
2x2 Sb3000's would really shake the room. Id go as far as to say to much but then when has to much bass been a bad thing lol

Under no circumstances buy two mor subs, otherwise you'll have to buy a larger mains extension strip

Don’t use one. I could have eight Subs and still not need one.

Have multiple sockets on the wall? I've only got a single on TV side and a double on the racking side

I havn’t heard the Velodyne. Two of those would have been good and I have to say the + version would be at the top of my list if it wasn’t for the price. Either DD12+ or DD15+
I havn’t actually heard the S3000 either. But I think there’s something about dual opposed that doesn’t seem right in here, may be the orientation and config, I don’t know.
I have had S1510’s and yep they are very good.

What I would actually love to have done is organise an event here. I would have tried to get other Subs here and invite others to bring their own Subs. Have the event over one day or even two days and just have some fun with it. But due to the ongoing restrictions it’s unlikely to happen anytime soon.
I'd be up for that, if I'd get an invite that is! 😅
I could bring the XTZ 12.17 Edge's, they're a rung or two down the ladder with some of the subs you guys would have, but I think it would be nice for people to hear them as they are a popular sub on here.

I'd be up for that, if I'd get an invite that is! 😅
I could bring the XTZ 12.17 Edge's, they're a rung or two down the ladder with some of the subs you guys would have, but I think it would be nice for people to hear them as they are a popular sub on here.

I don’t think I would do invites, but just let people say if they would like to come along. And those 12.17’s would be a great addition I reckon :smashin:

At some point next year hopefully, I’ll look at putting something together.

I don’t think I would do invites, but just let people say if they would like to come along. And those 12.17’s would be a great addition I reckon :smashin:

At some point next year hopefully, I’ll look at putting something together.
Sounds good, it will be really interesting to hear and feel the differences in a lot of popular subs!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom