Dual sound card, dual boot pc

Flektor

Ok, a strange one this (but perhaps not) so here goes.

I have a pc with 3 hard drives, two 2Tb and one 4Tb. Now that the 4 is used for storing media files and backup files for Windows 7 it gave me the opportunity to install Windows 10 o/s on the now available second 2 Tb drive. I can now choose at boot up which system I want to use. I have a SB Audigy 2 with external interface box which I use with Win 7 and that works a treat but on Windows 10, even though the sound level indicators show sound is playing, there is nothing from the speakers. Does anyone think there may be a problem putting another sound card in the case, installing the drivers (which will happen once Windows detects the second card) and simply disabling the Audigy 2 in Windows 10 control panel and using the new card instead. I would disable the new card under Windows 7 as I still want to use the midi etc connectors on the Audigy 2

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
It's likely to actually be a third sound card as most graphics cards act as a sound card to provide audio over HDMI and DisplayPort.

There shouldn't be any problem.

Flektor

Thanks, that sounds logical regarding the graphics card. I'll have a look at the graphics card properties in Windows 10 and see if there are sound options. Failing that, I'll install the newer sound card and see what happens.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom